Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Girl's Got Moxie

I don't remember my life before everything I owned had a smudge of paint on it.

I remember that it existed. I just don't remember the details.

I don't remember when I didn't like sushi.

I don't remember a lot of things.

But I do remember the day I discovered Cath Edvalson and the Moxie Fab blog.

I'm weird about challenges. I'm too right brained for some and too left brained for others.

Her challenges spoke to me. They were the perfect blend of inspiration and flash. Her style is very bold, and her challenges were bold.

My favorite cards I've EVER MADE I made for Cath's challenges.

Here's one. Here's another. Here's another. Here's another.  Here's another.

As I go into mourning that she is leaving Paper Crafts and Moxie Fab World, I feel such a deep sense of gratitude for her that it's hard to feel completely sad.

Cath - you made me a better artist. I love you. I'll miss you, but I hope that whatever is next for you is also a part of my life.

Thank you for being so sweet and gracious in real life - I felt very star-struck when I met you at CHA even though you are the most down-to-earth, humble lady in our industry.

Bless you and wherever your new path brings you. You've got moxie, and little else is required.

I made a card for her and our hop today. (To see the full hop list please click here.) I wanted to send a "just keep swimming" message, as well as  a nod to the orange and blue style path she set me on with her challenges.
Pin It

I used an old Stampin' Up! set - Oriental Brushstrokes. I created the background with a credit card and ink and acrylic paint. The turquoise paint was applied with the end of a piece of drywall tape. After I stamped the image in black, I filled in the fish with Crystal Effects - you can sort of see the shine here.

God speed, Cath. :)

If you came here from Shemaine, then your next stop is Jenn.

Thanks for coming by!


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lydia...not only a fabulous card but a wonderful tribute to the GRAND woman who is Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, I'm gonna be a weepy mess all day. better put the tissue box by the computer.... what a lovely way to honor a most amazing woman! Cath is going to love this one! the touches of turquoise just pop and bring it to perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one writes a masterpiece post like you do! This card is genius and I love the "keep swimming" theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I
    LOVE
    This!!!

    As I would expect, your entire post is filled with Moxie goodness! Your creation? I am in awe, m'friend!

    (((hugs)))
    ~Bev
    TexasGrammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dry wall tape ... oh so moxie-clever ... love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHh.

    I'm sorry, but you are making me cry!!!! I love your tribute to Cath and the card and the thought to keep swimming. Oh, dear. This is going to be a soggy, crying, messy day! Thank you Lydia - exquisite card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post! Sweet send off! Love seeing your favorites. The blue butterfly is definitely high on my list!

    Love your card for this post. I have been noticing several of your project backgrounds are created with paint and CC. I am thinking that might be just the ticket I need to finish up a stretch of stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dammit. Your post made me a weepy mess. NO FAIR!!! But, it was it incredibly sweet and incredibly thoughtful. AND, also, incredibly true. Cath IS all of that.

    Your card is so beautiful, Lydia. Whenever you create a piece using this technique it always blows my mind with how lovely it turns out. The orange with splatters of turquoise and the turtles is just stunning. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still trying to figure out how it's going to be THE Moxie Fab World without Cath. A beautiful tribute with an equally beautiful card in honor of the one and only Moxie Fab Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so beautiful and artistic! Thanks so much for joining with the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and to Cath I wish Goodluck on your next journey!!! and wow what a Big hop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome post and your card ROCKS, Miss Lydia!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your heartfelt post, Lydia--your card and words will touch Cath, I am sure! SO glad that you are part of this epic blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Met" you last year during HYCCT and was amazed at your moxie. And cardmaking talent. And way with words. Love this artsy beaut. And your wonderful words from one wordsmith to another.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So well-said, Lydia! Your card - ALL your cards - are moxie to the max!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a stunning piece of art, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Sorry it has taken me so long to hop here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, Lydia! Your card is so incredibly beautiful and your words have touched me deeply. I can't tell you how honored I am by this blog hop, and to know that something I created has come to mean so much to so many has left me rather speechless. You are such a breath of fresh air, and I am *so glad* we are friends. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me, now and always. Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm slow getting through all the blogs, but your card is cool, Lydia! Awesome technique with the credit card!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...