Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Share Your Secrets...

Does anyone remember a book called the Silver Nutmeg?

I absolutely adored this book when I was little. I read it dozens of times, I'm sure.

I think LOST borrowed a few things from this book, but I can't find my copy (Mom - do you have it?) so I can't check, and it's out of print now, and so all the copies are $400. Maybe Steve Jobs loved it too and he will put it on Ibooks with all the beautiful illustrations it had.

The story was about sort of a mirror world a little girl finds under a pond. In the mirror world, things that were lost in the real world are found. I think this book was the first place I ever saw the word coriander - the whole thing was so exotic and mysterious and fun.

Anyway, this book was my random thought when I saw the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger because it features one of my fave complementary color schemes, and I just LOVE color "mirrors" on my cards. It's my go to design element. So imagine my delight when I saw this ...
Since a very retro book popped into my head I thought I should do a retro card. I got out one of my fave sets EVER and decided to make the mirrored colors the star of the show with a simple direct to paper swipe. Then I added a little glitter and some pearls to my sassy stamper and popped her up off the card. Stamps: Stampin' Fun for Everyone (retired) Ink: Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Whisper White Accessories: Pearls, Glitter, Dimensionals


If you do have a secret mirror world under the pond out back, maybe you should share that secret with me - over STAMPING! :)

I won't tell a soul, I promise...


9 comments:

  1. Love your take on the trigger, Lydia! ...So sweet and I can see myself borrowing this idea...soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Lydia! Great take on the trigger!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome! LOve the direct to paper stamping and you did such an awesome take on the trigger! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must try the DTP background...though mine never looks like yours! And I love the pop of the black & white image on top...this is gorgeous, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great take on this inspiration, Lydia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors! It's a shame she's retired...she'd fit right in with all the vintage throw backs these days!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Lydia! And I love that retro gal, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lydia! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you gave it a whirl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...