Monday, July 29, 2019

Did You Not Have Bread Today?

My friend Melissa, co-host of the Moms & Murder podcast, said the most hilarious thing the other day.

Some dingleberry had left a really mean-spirited 1 star review on the podcast, and she said there should be a feature on Itunes for ratings that asks the reviewer: "Did you really mean to leave them a 1 star review, or have you just not had bread today?"

I laughed so hard. It would really explain a lot of internet behavior if you just picture everyone as hangry.

If someone is taking the time to share a tip with you, or some free entertainment like a podcast, or maybe a recipe, that's not the time to offer your passionate opinion on whether or not you think paper plates are killing lemurs, that you think someone's voice is annoying, or think an ingredient in the recipe is going to give someone three heads. What time it IS is to thank the person for sharing, or simply use your scrolling finger. Perhaps even use your scrolling finger to go get yourself some bread - a bagel fits nicely on a scrolling finger. Or use your finger to poke yourself and tell yourself not every opinion needs to be shared. It's called manners, and we used to have them. I still have hope we can get them back.

That being said, it made for a hilarious conversation!

Since I have a month or so with no travel, I've been watercoloring more and prepping for my fall travel by setting up various travel palettes. I normally travel with my splits from my split group, but I've bought some portable tools that I hadn't had time to add paint to, so I thought I'd do that.

I wanted a specific mixing palette of 12 colors, since that's what this nifty travel palette holds, so I played around one day and settled on 12 pigments I really loved the mixes from. I swatched and swatched and swatched until I got it right, and then I set about setting up the travel palette.

This little guy comes in a tiny box that is made out of the essential components - two water cups, a clip that holds the box together, 12 half pans and a brush. It's designed so that when it's assembled, it sits on your knee, with a cup on each side and the paint in the middle.

So first, the colors I chose and the mixes from those colors, and below, a video of me setting up the palette, and the joys of clogged and exploding tubes of watercolor. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll experience joy and despair! So stay tuned.

Pretty, eh?

All in a nice neat little package you'll see below at a very reasonable price. Perfect for my plein air sessions at the Wildflower Center. Here is the palette and the paints I used. 

Portable Painter Watercolor Palette -...
[ BLIC ]
01767-6500 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-2195 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-2145 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-9095 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-4160 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-4060 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-1620 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-7091 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-3710 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
01767-5160 - Daniel Smith Extra Fine...
[ BLIC ]
Ultramarine Blue
[ BLIC ]
Indanthrone Blue
[ BLIC ]
The Ultimate Mixing Palette: a World...
[ BLR ]
Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors
[ BLIC ]
Escoda Versatil Brushes, Travel Round...
[ UTR | BLIC | INK ]
Da Vinci Cosmotop Sable Mix F Brushes...
[ BLIC | ELH ]
Fabriano Extra White Cold Press...
[ BLIC ]
Nesting Porcelain Bowls - BLICK art...
[ BLIC ]
My Favorite Watercolor Sketchbook
[ UTR ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Airtable: Organize your stamps & dies
[ ART ]


So now, enjoy the quick setup video and my thought process on this palette! And go out there on the internet and be kind! Loveyameanitbye.

7 comments:

  1. Bread. I think you’ve discovered the source of many problems! Rofl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would like to join your split-group -- is that possible? Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine - yes, you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/242708466190538/

      Delete
  3. Holy smokes I love this color combination! Perfect for florals and more. You’re the best Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donuts are even better. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never diss someone for their
    efforts but sometimes it is hard to
    say something nice. this is especially
    true when doing a blog hop and you have
    to say something. I hate to just
    post "nice card" - they put effort into
    the card and you should give some kind
    of feedback (or I think you should). Hard
    to be positive when you are wondering
    what they were thinking. You are so
    organized - wish I was more so.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be kinder than necessary, that is the motto I try to live by. I have seen some really bad YouTube videos, but have never given a thumbs down. A lot of work goes into that process. I don't even have a blog or a web page! My adorable daughter-in-law has a channel Books with Brandywine, she only has 188 subscribers, but she puts her heart into it. That is the most adorable portable palette!! I love all things tiny. Now, I'm hungry for a bagel, gotta go!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...