Monday, July 22, 2019

All Things Miniature

I love all things miniature. I don't know if that comes from loving books about tiny things, like The Borrowers, and Alice in Wonderland when I was little or what, but if anything comes in a tiny size, I'm all over it.

So when I found these adorable mini markers, I snatched them up immediamente! They are perfect for travel coloring, but they're also super fun colors for writing in cards, which I really need to ramp up now that I have a few months at home. One can never have too many colored pens.

They are porous point markers with a nice fine tip, perfect for a small, detailed image like this neighborhood. I have added them to my travel art bag for good.

Recently my friend Kat got me two miniature things which I love too. This microscopic monkey - a mini version of the Barrel of Monkeys (she had already given me the full sized monkey) and this adorable tiny lucky llama from Asheville and a mini watercolor painting she did. I want to start making little mini paintings too.

The people who make the lucky llama also make mini kitties, mermaids and puppies - true story - my first dog was named Lucky!

I gave out little mini watercolor palettes at my last retreat that everyone loved too, and I have any number of teeny tiny watercolor palettes that I travel with - little tins for typewriter ribbons like this one, and other teeny vintage tins like these.

My ultimate favorite, also llama themed palette though is the ceramic travel palette by Etchr. It's SO CUTE.



So anyway - enough about me and my obsessions - I'm back with the video on this card that I promised you, below!



Amazon.com: Etchr Mini Palette |...
[ AMZUS ]
Vintage Reel of Brown TYPEWRITER...
[ ETS ]
Typewriter ribbon tin | Etsy
[ ETS ]
Stabilo Point 88 Mini Pens - BLICK...
[ BLIC ]
Leave as a Friend
[ PFS ]
Leave as a Friend Coordinating Die
[ PFS ]
VersaFine Clair Ink Pad, Nocturne -...
[ ELH | SSS ]
Art Anthology BIG CRAFT MAT 24x36 311473
[ SSS ]
Mermaid tidy towel case and glue...
[ ETS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSP | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | UNT ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Crafter's Companion GEMINI...
[ SSS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Die Storage - Clear Storage Pockets...
[ CHC ]
XL Stamp Storage Pockets
[ ELH ]
Airtable: Organize your stamps & dies
[ ART ]
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner LF1045
[ SSS | ELH | ART ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | MFT ]










Loveyeameanitbye.

3 comments:

  1. Lydia—I’m either going to have to block you or get a job! You are such an enabler:)

    Sandye

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tiny palette is SO adorable!!! I love all the tiny things at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Tiny cheese graters, whisks, spatulas, it's all I can do to resist buying them. Old World Market has some great tiny stuff too. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty. I love this happy neighborhood. I think I need to add the markers to my art supplies. I don't color except at home for several reasons but I think with these tiny markers I might give coloring on the go a try!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...