Friday, March 22, 2019

Acrylic Block Coloring Round 2 - Beautiful Lilies

I'm back from Simon Says CREATE in Columbus, and while I haven't caught up on sleep, it was so much fun to catch up with a room full of all my favorite crafty peeps.

I was helping with the Create & Takes at the Picket Fence Studios booth, where we had tons of fun ink blending and using those AMAZING Foiled Impression dies that deboss and foil with one pass through the Gemini. This was positively my favorite thing at Creativation. I'll have some projects with these soon.

But at my March class, before I hopped on a plane, we did the coloring technique with acrylic blocks I showed in this video Thursday on a perfect card for the Easter season - I love these little lilies. You can see my colored pencil work on this stamp here.

If you are a subscriber to my YouTube channel you can be notified when my videos premiere, if they are scheduled in advance like this one is. Just click "set a reminder" on the premiere page.

But in the meantime, enjoy this beautiful spring stamp - we did this one in this month's card class using just three of these water-based markers. I hope it's starting to show signs of spring where you are. We've got bluebonnets for days.

I love how the coloring with blocks becomes abstract and grunge. I couldn't deliberately have done that with my markers if I tried, and I've always loved that look.

CL082 Small Blocks Trio - Hero Arts
[ HA ]
You Make Me Smile
[ GNK ]
Zig CLEAN COLOR 36 SET Real Brush...
[ SSS ]
Art Anthology BIG CRAFT MAT 24x36 311473
[ SSS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSP | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | UNT ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Crafter's Companion GEMINI...
[ SSS ]
Cut Align
[ MSP ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Die Storage - Clear Storage Pockets...
[ CHC ]
XL Stamp Storage Pockets
[ ELH ]
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner LF1045
[ SSS | CST ]



PS - my Giveaway winner from the Picket Fence release is:


Check your email for your gift code Mary!

Loveyameanitbye. 

7 comments:

  1. This technique is so cool Lydia! I love how you used it with this stamp! XOXO You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this is a technique that anyone can get good results with! I missed out on your foiled impressions die demo - I guess you need to come back! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this technique and your card! <3 Thanks for sharing and inspiring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this technique in these colors. The stamp is beautiful. I just watched the video with the cool colors. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the gift.
    The flowers are wonderful.
    The sun is shining, it's getting
    warm - spring is finally coming.
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and fun technique!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...