Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, Americans! Hope you've got your eating pants on!

I have two pieces of table decor for you - one you've already seen, but I had to include it, and then a new one.

During our Holiday Tutorial Blitz / Falliday Fest event this year, we challenged ourselves to update our most popular holiday tutorials, and I chose Kelly Acheson's Witch Hat Clip tutorial. I thought it would be fun to turn it into a little Pilgrim hat for Thanksgiving, and I just happened to have some mini clothespins on hand to try it with.

Instead of the triangle she uses, I just tapered two rectangles so that the base was big enough that it wouldn't slip through the opening of the circle I cut with infinity dies - I used the 2.75" circle and the 1.5" circle. I hand cut the buckle from this glitter paper with my craft knife.

It's holding a kraft treat bag closed, and then I took a piece of watercolor paper, and sprinkled it with Sunset Beach, Rusty Car and Terracotta powders on it, and spritzed them with water. I die cut that with this beautiful leaf die, and then repeated it with Blue Lagoon cardstock, and then I pieced them together. I used the word die to cut the sentiment from this bundle using the same glitter paper. I just rubbed it on this adhesive to add it to the bag. I love that stuff.

I had a brief panic attack while constructing this. I have done so much purging of supplies I'm not using that my closet is in a bit of flux, and I momentarily could not find my cordless hot glue gun, so there was much screaming and gnashing of teeth. Suprisingly, no one else was as panicked as I was - RUDE!



Paper Artsy TERRACOTTA Infusions...
[ SSS ]
Paper Artsy RUSTY CAR Infusions...
[ SSS ]
Paper Artsy SUNSET BEACH Infusions...
[ SSS ]
Grateful for Everything BUNDLE
[ C&9 ]
Thankful Leaves BUNDLE
[ C&9 ]
Seasonal Borders - Concord & 9th
[ C&9 ]
Circle Infinity Dies (H)
[ HA | ELH | CST ]
Amazon.com: 100-Pack of 1.0 Inch...
[ AMZUS ]
Amazon.com: Kraft Brown and White...
[ AMZUS ]
Grafix Artist-tac - BLICK art materials
[ BLIC ]
Neutrals Glitter Paper Pack - Concord...
[ C&9 | ELH | SSS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- Black Onyx
[ GNK ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- Blue...
[ GNK ]
Fabriano Extra White Cold Press...
[ BLIC ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
Amazon.com: Black & Decker 20v...
[ AMZUS ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | UNT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Sizzix BIG SHOT EXPRESS Gray and...
[ SSS | CST | BMS ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH | MFT ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner LF1045
[ SSS | ELH | CST | ART ]

Then of course I have my little pumpkin. If you missed this tutorial, you can find it here


I hope you have a great holiday if you are in the US. Or just an awesome workday if you're not!

Loveyameanitbye.

3 comments:

  1. Both cute, and I especially love that first one with the Pilgrim hat. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. P.S. Yes my eating pants are on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your adorable Thanksgiving pieces. Today I am thankful that you didn’t toss your hot glue gun. Happy Thanksgiving to you and The Other. 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun and so creative! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Lydia!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...