Sunday, November 11, 2018

Challenge Me a Christmas Card with Michelle

Michelle Lupton has a fun challenge going on her blog. She invites a guest to challenge her with a Christmas card idea or medium, and then she and her guest post their interpretations of the challenge.

I am her guest this week, and we decided to challenge each other with acrylic paint, one of my favorite mediums.

I used a Gel Press print from this video to light up the sky behind my silhouette die cut from Holy Night. To me it makes such a spectacular sky and looks so joyful, to match the sentiment from the same set. I used this stencil for the beautiful pattern in the background.

The delicate dies in this bundle are so beautiful and you can stack them, but there was something sort of anticipatory about the empty manger that I wanted to preserve, so I kept it simple!


















Holy Night BUNDLE - Concord & 9th
[ C&9 ]
Gothic Swirl - A Colorful Life Designs
[ CLD ]
Dina Wakley Ranger TURQUOISE 1OZ...
[ SSS ]
Buttercup Anita's Acrylic Craft Paint...
[ HBL ]
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint,...
[ AMZUS ]
Gel Press 5 x 7 REUSABLE GEL PRINTING...
[ SSS | BLIC ]
Inovart Pro-Roller Brayer
[ BLIC | BLIC ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | SSS | ELH | MFT | HA | UNT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer...
[ AMZUS ]
Hammermill Paper, Color Copy Digital,...
[ AMZUS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White
[ GNK ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]


Head over to Michelle's blog to see her intepretation!




In case you missed it, this is the video for the background:


Loveyameanitbye.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining me for my Challenge me a Christmas Card - this was one of the more challenging themes for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE your empty manger! I got chill bumps! :) Your sky is glorious! What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I love the background.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...