Saturday, July 14, 2018

Inkon3

How happy are you that it's finally Saturday?

I swear that was both the longest and the shortest week of my life last week!

I had one of those weeks where I had so many deadlines that early into it I didn't think I'd even get ONE of them done, much less all of them, but procrastination continues to reward me for my efforts, so I did get it all done.

We are sort of at the peak of summer here - we will have our hottest weeks in the next few weeks, and then it will start to taper off to what the REST of the country thinks is unbearably hot, but we all think is extremely cool - like the mid 90s.

I have a dogwood tree right outside my dining room window, and every spring, I know when summer is arriving, because it actually blooms late - right before it gets really warm, and long after the other flowering trees in the area. If you walk past that window in the spring, and weren't a Texan, you'd think it was snowing, as all the little flowers flutter down when the blooms are done. It's my favorite plant in my yard, and I'm super grateful to this house's original owners for planting it.

So when I was talking to Fleurette about what kind of a stamp we'd use in our class at Junkie Fest later this month, I asked her to think about a dogwood. She is extremely awesome, and so she made it happen! She illustrated this gorgeous set that she's releasing today.

So in the midst of this week's chaos, I created my own oasis by sitting down with this beauty and doing some no line watercolor. I started, of course, with Fadeout Ink to stamp the image lightly on watercolor paper several times using the MISTI. Then I watercolored each flower with Quinacridone Coral. The flowers on my dogwood have the faintest of pinky orange tints. For the leaves, and shading the flowers, I used a combination of Serpentine and Moonglow, and then added just touches of Quinacridone Gold here and there.

I mounted that on MFT's Tickle Pink cardstock which was a surprising match, and then Peanut Cluster for the card base. The sentiment is from the set - I love the combo of script and San Serif. Inkon3 also sells my favorite travel brushes by Escoda in a super economical little travel set.

Dogwood Watercolor Card by Understand Blue






Inkon3 DOGWOOD FLOWER Clear Stamp Set...
[ SSS ]
Inkon3 DOGWOOD FLOWER Craft Dies 98766
[ SSS ]
Fadeout No Line coloring Detail Ink
[ INK ]
Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors
[ BLIC ]
Tickled Pink Prestige Card Stock (2544)
[ MFT ]
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock, Peanut...
[ ELH ]
Fabriano Artistico 140 lb. Cold Press...
[ AMZUS ]
Escoda Último 3 Brush Travel Set
[ INK ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | SBC ]
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner LF1045
[ SSS | ELH | CST | ART | SBC ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Nesting Porcelain Bowls - BLICK art...
[ BLIC ]
My Favorite Watercolor Sketchbook
[ UTR ]

They invited me to hop with them for the new release  - so if you've come here from Cheryl's blog, your next stop is Kristin! If you comment on each post, you'll be entered to win one of two $25 gift cards from Inkon3! Giveaway closes Wednesday the 18th at noon CST and winners will be posted on the Inkon3 blog, which is linked below.

Thanks for stopping by! Loveyameanitbye.

38 comments:

  1. Not only is the stamp fabulous that card is so so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Lydia! You just featured the beauty of Fade Out Ink with watercolor! This feels like a card I'd see in the fancy art markets! Loving this dogwood stamp so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lydia and gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Your colors are spot on and your no line watercoloring is always soooo amazing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think of dogwoods I think of pink and white, awesome job on this card beautiful design love Ink on 3 thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful card. Love the delicate blooms and the bold sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Lydia, thanks for joining with us again for this hop! I always love your no line water coloring! And this is very pretty! Great job...as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a Pretty card, so soft. I Love it!! Thank You for Sharing!! 🤗😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dogwood blossoms look so pretty! And that pink paper looks perfect with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I'm excited to learn how to watercolor this little beauty in less than 2 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this earlier when I was doing the Altenew hop (or is it bad hop manners to comment!) I had read the blog and was drooling over the softness of the coloring before I knew I was in the wrong place. What a delight to get to come back to it, although I suppose I could have commented earlier! It really is stunningly beautiful. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really pretty, I love large open flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for being the inspiration for this stamp set, it is beautiful and I too love Dogwood trees. Lucky you to have one right outside your window :) Your card is beautiful, the colors all work together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such an elegant card - love the simplicity:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS water colored Dogwood flowers! I love that touch of pink behind it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This is a really beautiful card, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful watercolouring, I love the softness of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dogwood was a favorite of my mom's. I love how you colored them!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty! I didn't know dogwood trees would grow here in Austin. We used to see them up near Yosemite.... a different climate for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, I love that soft pink!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeously colored! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, gorgeous card! Amazing watercoloring and what a lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful coloring
    on your card. Love
    the Dogwood.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  24. very special card!!! so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your work. I am always challenged by your techniques. Thank you! I see Inkon3 has reinkers now for their pads--Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card as always! Dogwoods are one of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I left a comment earlier. I was unable to leave comments on the beautiful work on Inkon3, Ilda, or Courtney's sites (no Google account or Instagram). So sad. Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness Lydia !! Your card is beautiful piece of art, so delicate ! And it would be framed up and mount and my wall right away !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  29. You always make such beautiful cards Lydia and this is no exception. I love the dogwood flower, too. ~Kim in Round Rock

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for using Ink-On Fadeout with watercolor -> Absolutely gorgeous! Truly gives the impression of Fine Art !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous dogwood card--so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So soft and feminine! Its quite beautiful. I so love this set. I have to find a way to get it without the hubs finding out,lol. Im on financial probation, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Lydia! I adore your watercolor flowers! You are so good with watercoloring, I wish I could sit next to you and watch you paint. I’m in FL, I know what you mean about the heat. It’s rainy season now and that means it’s muggy so bad it feels in the 100’s. As soon as you step outside you feel like you’re melting! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow!!! Awesome card!!! Amazing colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...