Thursday, January 25, 2018

Believe in Yourself

Thank you SO much, anonymous friend. You know who you are - I do not.

But I wanted to share with you today a quote, that a kind, anonymous friend shared with me, along with an extremely generous gift.

Watch carefully the magic that occurs when 
you give a person enough comfort to 
just be themselves. ~Atticus

That absolutely is the key to life, the universe, and everything. It should be your goal, and your wish for all of your friends.

While I love that book with my whole face, I did not remember this quote. Maybe I was too young when I read it a billion times to appreciate this wisdom.

Part of being an artist demands this of course. You come to terms with the fact that people don't understand what you do. You become at home in paint-covered clothes, and you try to explain retreats to people, and you try to explain why you would make a card with a unicorn on it, or why you have a stamp with a lemur wearing glasses. And then, eventually - you just stop. You find your tribe. You don't notice people anymore staring at your hands that are covered in red paint when you go into a store. And THAT, is when you start to get really good at what you do. So have enough comfort to be yourself. And if you're not there yet, believe in yourselves, you little sparkly unicorns.

These thoughts inspired my card today, with the adorable new Picture Book Unicorn from Simon Says Stamp. I can't resist any of these Picture Book dies, because it's so fun to piece them together - ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAN MAKE A GLITTERY-MANED UNICORN.

I made a Polaroid frame for him using these Stitched Squares dies. (They are double stitched). The sentiment is from this stamp set.
Picture Book Unicorn by Understand Blue
Picture Book Unicorn
[ SSS ]
Picture Book Dies at Simon Says STAMP!
[ SSS ]
Unicorn Awesomeness Stamp Set
[ C&9 | SSS ]
Simon Says Stamp STITCHED SQUARES...
[ SSS ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Silver Glimmer Paper by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | SSS | ELH | ART | AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS | SSS | ART | BMS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]



You don't get extra time on earth to get to the magic, so why not get there now?

Loveyameanitbye.

8 comments:

  1. In this day and age, it's very difficult to be anonymous when doing good, which kind of makes it less magical. So we all could use a glitter maned unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and your unicorn card.Have a blessed and wonderful day..I just love that quote...Time to get inky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOMENESS as usual!!! Always be yourself and enjoy the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love this book and don't remember where the quote is, but thank you for the post and the card. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post and card. How lovely to receive such a thoughtful quote. I am very touched by your words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What glittery unicorn awesomeness Lydia! I adore this sweet little card!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...