Monday, May 21, 2012

Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road...

In just NINE days, some of my favorite stamp sets are going to be POOFED into retirement!

POOFED, I tell you!

As part of the long goodbye, a few of us decided to showcase our *sniff* favorite retiring sets in a little blog hop.

I chose not just my fave retiring set, but one of my all time favorite stamp sets in the world - Inspired by Nature.

*pauses to lie on the floor and sob dramatically*

I used this set to create my blended pencil tutorial with these cards and this card and also my crayon rubbing tutorial and this sample using that technique. It was perfect for the dramatic highlighting technique and the even more dramatic bleaching technique.

I even used it for my entry in the Austin Art Boards contest.

I have undying love for these images.
Ink: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Summer Sun, Calypso Coral
Paper: Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock
Accessories: Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Bitty Banners Framelits (Available June 1) Clear embossing powder


To make the background, I just used the Direct to Paper Technique - making vertical swipes with Summer Starfruit (available June 1), and Summer Sun and then horizontal swipes with Calypso Coral (retiring - get this before it leaves forever!). 

I stamped the images with the new Midnight Muse ink - it's a gorgeous deep navy blue, and the new firm foam ink pads make for completely covered solid images - they are MAGICAL! 

I stamped the greeting on vellum with Midnight Muse and then embossed it and cut it with my Bitty Banners framelit (from the new catalog - squee!) and finished it with Daffodil Delight seam binding. 


Pin It

Goodbye, sweet stamp set. I loved you well!!

Now go see what my friends are crying over. :) Hop along! 


you are here >>>> Lydia Fiedler <<<< you are here


Loveyameanitbye.




4 comments:

  1. What a great job you did on your card, I love that stamp set, thank you so much for being a part of our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You almost gave me a heart attack! Calypso Coral is good for another year. *calms hoarding instinct* It's Poppy Parade that disappears.

    And I NEEEEED to try this background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make it sound so easy... Gotta try it now. There, there... In time your heart will heal and you'll find another nice stamp set to love.... *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...