Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's a Mirage...

Since I grew up in Tejas, I'm very familiar with HOT. I remember being fascinated with mirages as a kid - it's a common sight on our long stretches of asphalt in the summer.

I don't pretend to know why we only see them when it's beastly hot, or why we see them at all.

I started to read about it in Wikipedia but then I noticed that Maddie had glitter on her ear, which made me take a picture, which made me download the pictures I'd taken earlier today, which reminded me about Candy Crush, because one of my geocaching friends from this morning was playing it and then:


You know how that goes.

Anyway, I'm hosting a Virtual Stamp Night challenge on Splitcoast tonight!

I have to say, the challenges have been amazing. I had some work things to sort out today, so I'm five challenges behind, but I have enjoyed the ones I've been able to do - they've been amazingly creative!

The theme is the Dog Days of Summer, which was the inspiration for my challenge, called "It's a Mirage."

My idea was to create a little mirage in the center of a scene. To do this, I ask that you use the no line coloring method - tutorial can be found here - and the spotlighting technique - tutorial here - to create your mirage.

I chose the Pleasant Poppies image for mine because, well, I'm obsessed with it. I used my Artograph Lightpad, which I'm also obsessed with, and Derwent Inktense pencils to create my mirage.


Pin It

I even did a video for you if you're just dying of boredom and there are no glittery cats and squirrels around. :) Click here if you don't see the video player below to watch the process.




Hope you can come play along.

Unless a squirrel intervenes.

Loveyameanitbye.


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant & beautiful technique. Just like You! Hope you're having a lovely day. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...