Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Forget the Groundhog - Does Your Bunny Cast a Shadow?

Can you BELIEVE it's almost time for the groundhog?

Also, don't you think it's funny that little cranky Phil is one of our country's most unifying events? It's really sweet and simple and charming.

It's also a little crazy.

That's really the perfect combination of things, if you think about it. Unifying, simple, sweet, charming and crazy. Actually, if you have children, you should tell them those are the things they should look for in a spouse!!

Well, in honor of the upcoming groundhog event, I thought I should do a little tutorial on creating realistic shadows for those of us who don't consider ourselves illustrators.

Basically, it's a tutorial on cheating. Heh.

I used my FAVE bunneh stamp ever - an ancient retired set - Hello Spring. I think this was on my very first ever Stampin' Up! order way back in 2001. Sheesh. I am old. Anyway, I used it with the no line coloring method to make him fuzzier. Because who doesn't love a fuzzy bunny?

Then, I used my cheaty method to make his shadow. I'm pretty sure his shadow means six years of sunshine. Or that's what I hope, anyway.
Stamps: Hello Spring (retired) Ink: None Paper: Whisper White, Retired SU DSP Accessories: ShinHan Touch Twin Markers: BR134, BR107, WG 0.5, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon (retired)

Want to see it on video? I thought so! :) 

This is now part of my Shadows & Reflections Master Class!


How about that? Easy, eh?

I decided to do a new thing with the blue list too just to share my fun finds every week - check it out below! :)

Oh - and are you ready for my live Leadership coverage? Just two weeks till it starts! Be sure and stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. Lydia, you are awesome, as ever! Love your technique AND the light table.

    wv: Wring

    You wring my heart with the need to cuddle your cute little bunny! (When in the world does anyone get a REAL word for a wv?! How cool is that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool tutorial... Gotta try sometime. Love that bunny... *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...