I'm a sleep camel. I don't need much sleep really - 6 hours a night is plenty. But I do need that. And if I go a little short for a week or so, I have a point at which I collapse like a fainting goat. A good night of 10 hours and I'm back to normal. Last night was that night. As much as I wanted to finish Dr. Who, I could not. It was fainting goat city. Then SOMEONE, whose name rhymes with BLOTCHY decided to sing the song of his people at about 6 and ended my restorative slumber.
I decided a breakfast taco would ease re-entry so I headed out in the morning, and this is what I saw.
It was spooky.
We don't get fog often, and so people really don't know what to do with themselves when it looks like this. There was a lot of unnecessary stopping and brake tapping coming between me and my taco.
But I prevailed.
I drove in it for so long that it started to look like art to me, so I thought I'd try to re-create it post-taco.
It was surprisingly easy and fun, and I have a little tip for you for the MISTI in the video below. But here's the card. It uses Lovely as a Tree, Mossy Meadow, Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana Ink, the MISTI, and Golden Fluid Acrylic - Titanium White.
Now I learned a few things. Your base colors need to be more saturated than you think if you want any color in the final result.
You need to clean your hands. As you'll see in the video I got paint all OVER the place. Oh well. It is what it is. :)
Here are a few cool and/or funny things I saw this week, before the fog rolled in.
- I met a sweet friend and her daughter at Mandola's for some stamping on Thursday, and while I waited for them to arrive, I saw the most beautiful baby girl who was SUPER outgoing and smiling at me. When they got ready to leave, I noticed that she had been attached to her chair by this super comfy, easy baby harness thing! It was SO much better than those gross restaurant boosters with seat belts, and much less germy I'm sure. I asked her mom about it, and she said it was this. I thought it was genius.
- This man is totally blind and paints beautiful paintings by touch. So cool.
- This amazingly confident young lady painted Starry Night on a second-hand dress and wore it to prom. Love.
- This lady transforms grotesque (and in my opinion, offensive) dolls into beautiful ones with a little paint.
- This cat does not value your opinion.
Here's the Foggy Day card video - enjoy.