I've complained for decades about a Texas institution - Blue Bell Ice Cream.
STOP YELLING AT ME AND LISTEN. SERIOUSLY. STOP YELLING.
For God's sake people - calm down. It's ice cream. Relax.
Blue Bell ice cream is disgusting.
Here are my ice cream credentials.
I'm Irish. This means my genetic makeup takes into account the following things:
- Irish people have scant sources of protein on the little island, or did, back in the day
- Grey skies, which lead a person to dairy, bleak poetry and general feelings of rebellion (why I don't live in Ireland - I like being rebellious in the sun)
- An extreme love of animals, which means what other people consider food, we consider pets
- A certain amount of recklessness, which means that sugar + dairy is better than dairy alone
- Lots of good grass for our dairy animals (because of all the stupid rain)
- A sense of humor
- Hyperbole in all things
- Cream cheese
- Is cheesemilk a thing? Because if so, add it to the list. The potatoes failed us in an EPIC fashion once before and we must protect ourselves from that ever happening again if possible.With dairy products.
ICE CREAM SHOULD BE MADE OUT OF REAL FOOD. Meaning cream and sugar and eggs and whatnot.
Not gummy garbage and corn syrup and God knows what. So when I went shopping the other day, I snapped a pic of the Haagen Dazs® label and the Blue Bell label, since I live in a mixed-ice cream household.
Obviously, you want to eat the one that's made out of real things, unless you are a fanatical Texas weirdo.
Yes, I said it.
I was already doomed to die like Karen Silkwood over exposing the fact that LEDs are harmful to electronics, so I am past the point of fearing for my life. I'll just stamp until they drag me away to burn me at the stake. Like I did here.
I LOVE red, white & blue together. And I don't just think it's patriotism. It's a beautiful combo. So I fired up the MISTI again for this cute project, with Lovely Amazing You and Sent With Love (retired). So enjoy the video, in which Maddie HOWLS about not being the center of attention. If you don't see a video player below, click here to view it on YouTube.
Now don't run away yet - you can see below that my June retreat is open for registration - it's first come first served, so don't wait! You can click the banner below or the retreat tab at the top of this page for details. ONE of you will win a Silhouette Cameo! :)
See you soon!