Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Weathering the Weather Together

So I was in Ft. Worth this weekend for OnStage.

When I left on Thursday, in my flip flops - the only shoes I brought for the weekend, because - April in Texas, it was a typical April day - I had the AC on for the 3.5 hour drive, I had my murder podcasts playing, and was ready for a fun weekend with my friends.

And then the murders began.

And by murders, I mean temperatures.

I arrived at our beautiful little rental home (pictures and video below) and opened all the shades to let the sun in, cranked down the AC and waited for my friend Dana to arrive. I passed the time that I didn't spend sneezing (thanks, oak pollen) watercoloring a card you'll see on my blog tonight.

Dana arrived late that night, and shenanigans began forthwith. However, as Friday began, we felt dark forces approaching, and that evening, a storm blew in. Bringing with it.... COLD AIR. WHAT THE FLUFF.

When we woke up Saturday morning in what normal Texans call Southern Oklahoma, aka North Texas, we discovered that it was 38 freaking degrees. That is fanfreakingtastic in flip flops, let me tell you. Our event was in the basement of the event center, which was even colder. I drank soooo much coffee in an effort to ward off hypothermia. In Texas. In April. Shocking.

Thankfully, it was a room full of happy friends, which helps in any terroristic situation like rain or cold.

This card seemed fitting.

I made this a few months ago, while making the video you'll see below with the new Hero Arts Liquid Watercolors. This was very easy to quickly paint, and you'll see my process in the video below. Imagine a few central and south Texans trying to survive some Southern Oklahoma weather, and this stamp is basically a photo of us. Except with flip flops.
Weather Together by Understand Blue

Fun in the Rain Stamp Set
[ HA | SSS | ELH ]
Fun in the Rain Frame Cuts Dies
[ HA | SSS | ELH ]
Hero Arts Oval Infinity Dies
[ HA ]
PD110 Liquid Watercolors Dandelion |...
[ HA | ELH | SSS ]
PD111 Liquid Watercolors Strawberry |...
[ HA | ELH | SSS ]
PD113 Liquid Watercolors Deep Ocean |...
[ HA | ELH | SSS ]
PD117 Liquid Watercolors ArtPrint...
[ HA | ELH ]
Da Vinci Cosmotop Sable Mix F Brushes...
[ BLIC | ELH ]
Stewart Superior Memories India Ink...
[ AMZUS ]
Fabriano Artistico 140 lb. Cold Press...
[ AMZUS ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | SBC ]
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner LF1045
[ SSS | ELH | CST | ART | SBC ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Nesting Porcelain Bowls - BLICK art...
[ BLIC ]
Crumb Cake 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock by...
[ SUP ]
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock by...
[ SUP ]
AF249 Unicorn Pigment Ink Pad | Hero...
[ HA | SSS | ELH ]
Hero Arts White Detail Embossing Powder
[ HA | ELH | SSS | SBC ]
Heat Tool (Us And Canada) by Stampin'...
[ SUP ]

As promised, here is the video with the walkthrough on these watercolors, and this card.



Now here are some photos from this weekend - we had so much fun!

First, our adorable rental house. 

Ft. Worth rental house

This absolutely immaculate house was so convenient to everything and so perfect for our weekend of fun. I love renting houses instead of hotels. This one got a five star review from me.

Next - my team members who attended the event - we got a group pic at the end of the day, except for Julie, who had to leave early. We had so much fun, and I got to meet some teamies for the first time.

Understand Blue Team at OnStage

And then here we are in the wild. This frozen shot of animated conversations at our FABULOUS team dinner cracks me up.

Understand Blue Team dinner

This next photo is a reference you'll need for the prank video below. After our team dinner, Dana went to the Daiso shop, while Katherine, Kellie and I went back to the rental house. Stampin' Up! had given us all this cute little lightbox, which Kellie had the brilliant idea of doing something dastardly with - scaring the pee out of Dana when she returned. She customized the lightbox with this message, and then we turned all the lights off and set about our prank. Please note that running around in a pitch-dark, unfamiliar house can be dangerous. Ask us how we know. So this is how she customized the sign. This was right across from the front door, so you'd see it immediately in the dark.


Well, unless you're Dana.

You might need to turn the video up to hear our whispers at the beginning.



Loveyameanitbutillstillscareyoubye.

2 comments:

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...