Monday, May 1, 2017

A Princess and a Warrior



Today, I'm sharing something very near and dear to my heart.

As you know - I lost my aunt Maureen to breast cancer seven years ago, and every time I have a chance to participate in a crafty breast cancer cause I do. I have so many friends fighting this right now, and know so many people like my sweet friends below who have lost loved ones, or have survivors in their families.

Here's a note from Ellen Hutson & friends.
________________________________________________________

In honor of three amazing mothers, Chaitali, Julie and Ellen, teamed up to find a way that they could make a difference and honor these very special women in their lives and actively contribute to finding a cure for breast cancer. Together we have created the Courage Stamp & Die Set.

We know that many of you are affected by this disease or other forms of cancer and we are turning to you for help. After much research, our team made the decision to support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  BCRF is the highest rated breast cancer organization in the nation. To learn more about BCRF please visit their website.

Through this fundraiser, it is our goal to educate and raise money for research and support services for patients and survivors battling breast cancer.  
Won’t you join us?

Donate, stamp, share, create—there are many ways you can contribute!  Visit the Ellen Hutson BCRF fundraiser page to find out how and to follow our progress.


https://www.ellenhutson.com/bcrf/


What I love about this set is those inspiring sentiments. Watching my friends Jen del Muro and Kelly Booth fight cancer has been inspiring, and one sentiment in particular reminded me of both of them. Both are beautiful, sweet, creative girls, who also fight like bears. This could not be a more perfect description of both of them.





I created this card using Distress Oxide Inks - I stamped the solid images in Oxides on watercolor paper, and then spread them out with water, coming back with the same colors with no water for the detail images.

Please visit each one of these stops today, and please consider supporting this cause either through the purchase of the stamp set, or through a donation though Ellen's fundraising page. They are donating $25 per stamp set sold! So generous. These three ladies are truly stellar people, just so you know. If you ever get a chance to spend any time with them, don't miss it.
Thank you so much for stopping by and thank you for supporting this great cause!

Loveyameanitbye.

19 comments:

  1. Thank you my friend..... what an Awesome hop! Breast Cancer is such an Awful thing.....
    Love you! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this lovely card design. Like the way you used the flower stamps to frame your sentiment. Thanks, too, for being part of this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Lydia! I hope I have that personal day with each one day ... and with you, too!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, awesome fundraiser. Just purchased my set. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your cards are gorgeous, but the first one with the scaley mermaid was just stunning. This kit is just so fun and whimsical. Hope to get my hands on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very special and very Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! I love how beautiful these layering stamps are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Lydia. I am so sorry about your Aunt. I have lost many close family members to other types of cancer so I donate to the cause when ever possible. We cannot loose hope, nor rest, until it is beaten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Lydia--I love the painterly look you gave these blooms! Thank you for joining us in the battle! XOXO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so lovely! I really love how you only used two inks but achieved such a wide color variation! It was great to see the Oxide inks stretched!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and vibrant card! I had to buy this stamp and die set, such an amazing cause. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cause and wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am breast cancer survivor. Thank you. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful. Cancer is such an ugly disease. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful, inspiring card, great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I purchased my set today 😊❤️ !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Best wishes for your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous card! The flowers are like a crown around the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...