Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving for Martians

Let's say you just landed here from Mars and you were wondering why #turkey was trending on Twitter. Or, for that matter, #stretchypants or #stuffing. I assume, of course, that the first thing aliens would do is check out Twitter.

Let's say you weren't fortunate enough to be born in a place (earth) where the whiff of poultry seasoning transports you in a manner more magical than that of the ruby slippers to the happiest of places in your mind.

Well first, how sad for you, little Martian.

I'd totally invite your sorry little green butt over for turkey if you landed in my field!

I think what I would explain to you, little Martian, as you sat across the table from me, glowing, on this most hallowed of Thursdays, is that what is cool about Thanksgiving is it that it is about making things.

At least, as a crafter, that is what I treasure about it.

Humans like to make things. Especially things with pumpkin pie spice. And with paper.

One of my favorite humans - Beate - suggested we give ourselves a little Thanksgiving challenge  to make something crafty for today. I'm ever so thankful for this oh-so-talented-and-sweet girlie! If I wanted to show you, little Martian, someone who really knows how to MAKE stuff, Beate would be exhibit A.

I thought I should make the turkey the star of the day, as it was written, and as it should be. So I modified this week's Spirelli tutorial by sweet Susie Nelson to accommodate just a turkey tail.

Stamps: Grateful Greetings Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie Ink: Early Espresso Accessories: Snowflake Punch (legs), Googlie Eyes, Glue Dots, Large Scallop Punch, Twine, Embossing Folder

He's wayyyy to cute to eat. Even if you've just arrived via the mother ship.

I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving, or at the very least, a nice visit here from Mars.

We come in peace.

Loveyameanitbye.



             

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your little googly eyed turkey! What a fun idea to keep the kids busy as well.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one clever use of the spirelli technique!!!! Love your turkey! :D

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! All cleaned up and trying to think a way of stealing out of the room with football on TV so I can make a card today.. Lol. Love your little turkey.. Trying not to think about the one I roasted today... *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a GREAT idea! I love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CA-UUUUTE! Too cute to eat, fer sure.

    (Still chuckling over the alien's green butt landing in your field and sitting at your table, all a-glow.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe! What a clever idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...