Saturday, November 27, 2010

Unsentimental deer

I'm sure you know some sentimental deer, but this definitely isn't one of them! He's dry, reserved, and he would never hug you or cry - even during Bambi!

This is because I made him for Joan's Hope You Can Cling To "unsentimental" challenge (yes, that was in October, however, he is Christmasy, if not sentimental, so I saved him - stop yelling at me!).

I think that holiday cards are perfect for this type of challenge because of the simple iconic imagery that doesn't need a word to tell a story.

stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Reindeer Flight Ink: Versamark, Basic Black
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Newsprint DSP
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Heat Gun, MFT scallop Die-namics, SU Lace and tinsel trim,
glitter brads, Green Galore and Real Red markers, Viva Decor paint, SU glass glitter.

I just spotlighted this little fella, colored him and used the sassy glass glitter for an accent. I love this glitter!! It's my go to glitter now. I need billions more jars of it.

I'm trying desperately this weekend to design my Christmas card. I'm close, but it's not quite right. Have you designed yours yet? What style are you doing? I think I'm going with vintage this year. We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow after I've slept on the initial design.

I hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic (if you are in the states :)) and that you have tons of leftover pie! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

xo,
Lydia



Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :) Want to see my other blog?

3 comments:

  1. Design my holiday card? Is it Dec 24th already?!

    WV: lasier
    NO one is lasier than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...this would be a lovely Christmas card...*smile*
    Cool combo of color and texture!
    I plan on doing snow globe easel cards with the SU treat cups and the snow globe stamp. Still trying to think of the best "snow" for inside... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...