Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happee Fangsgivings!

I remember when my grandfather - my mom's dad - came to Thanksgiving in Texas when I was little. He always wanted to go on a walk.

It's not usually very cold here at Thanksgiving, but this year it is, and one year when he came it was. For some reason that particular walk was very memorable - stomping around our neighborhood, freezing, watching little swirly winds carry the leaves around. Not really anyone around, to speak of.

I was pretty young - maybe the reason it's so memorable is that it was the first time I really remember Texas feeling like autumn. Doesn't happen very often, you know. :)

If it's not 30 squillion below zero where you are today you should take one of these quiet holiday walks. Bring a little stir-crazy human. Maybe they'll blog about it in for- er, twenty something years.
 Pin It
Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie (see how I did that?)
Paper: Whisper White
Accessories: Birch Drinking Straw, flattened, rhinestones
 
Oh! And happee fangsgivins <3 me & hand turkey :).

 


3 comments:

  1. Your posts either make me laugh out loud or get a lump in my throat! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Postponing that walk, it's 26 right now and to this girl, it feels like 30 zillion degrees below!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great family tradition and so meaningful! Have a wonderful day, and I hope you get to take in a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family used to go for those walks when I was a kid too! Funny how we get out of the habit sometimes. I remember swirly leaves too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...