Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Time in the Garden

Thanks to my friend Kathy Racoosin, we all know that coloring lowers your blood pressure and is actually good for you.

In an increasingly digital environment where you have a million inputs per second and encounter somewhat desensitized humans, it's important to get one more bit of peace that can only come from one place - nature.

I'm never more at peace than when I'm walking in the woods. It's quiet in there, it's cooler (important for us Texans) and I get to see little life forms that live happily without politics and news and all the things that make us all crazy.

I encourage you to start your new year outside. Even if it's cold out. Just go outside. Leave your phone in your pocket. Maybe take a notebook and write notes about the temperature, the weather, what you see. It will be fun to look back on. Shoot - take some art supplies and sketch it.

Make it a habit and improve your life dramatically. Thoreau was onto something.

I thought I needed to start the year with that perspective, so that inspired my New Year's card today. I took this beautiful stamp image and colored it with these amazing and super economical pencils. I used the following pencils: Bordeaux Red, Bice Green & Pink - that's it.

I used my circle dies to cut a hole in the panel I stamped on, and glued that to a card base. Then I added this sentiment. All images were stamped in Nocturne. See below for a discount code if you love this stamp as much as I do.















Caladiums - Technique Junkies
[ TCH ]
Blick Studio Artists' Colored Pencils...
[ BLIC ]
Circle Infinity Dies (H)
[ HA ]
VersaFine Clair Ink Pad, Nocturne -...
[ ELH | CST | SSS ]
Heavy Base Weight Card Stock- White -...
[ GNK ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | MFT | UNT ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
LightView 2in1 LED Magnifier for...
[ BRG ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Essentials by Ellen Storage...
[ ELH ]
Die Storage - Clear Storage Pockets...
[ CHC ]
Teflon Bone Folder - Ellen Hutson LLC
[ ELH | SSS ]
Tombow MONO MULTI Liquid Glue Two...
[ SSS | ART | BLIC | ELH ]
Ink Off Cloth
[ INK ]
XL Stamp Storage Pockets
[ ELH ]




The other thing nature teaches us is that you get another chance every day.

Don't waste it.

Loveyameanitbye.

16 comments:

  1. That's so unique......I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I DO need to get outside today. It rained every second of yesterday, and I did not step outside once all day. It made me very grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, and a good reminder - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love being outdoors, especially in the Spring when I plant my vegetable garden.
    Thanks for being a part of this blog and Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stamp - doesn't really need coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We only get so many and I cherish every one I get.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree - nature is the best therapist! I love your colouring, as always, Lydia. You're such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good quote. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors you selected for the caladiums. Thank you for bringing splitcoast stampers to us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An absolutely beautiful stamp and card! I do hope you have a walking partner. I listen to those spooky podcasts too! My best to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your watercoloring is lovely! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is incredible! This looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is exquisite. Love the caladium stamp and your design with this sentiment is a perfect match! tfs

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...