Friday, February 16, 2018

Some Birthday Heffalumps

I'm trying to get better about birthday cards this year - I really am! It's not like I don't have enough cards, after all.

Today I have another sample I made for Creativation. I made two of nearly every sample - one for Creativation and one for the show in Germany - but on this card, it took such a long time to watercolor the mandala, I only made one for the US. But I LOVED this card.

I just embossed the mandala, and outlined the embossed areas with two Tombow markers - 725 and 752. Then I used my Aquapainter to pull the color out a bit. I love these colors together, and they're so bright and happy next to the grey elephants. These are the color-layering elephants, which I die cut with the matching dies and made them march along the curve.
Color layering elephants by Understand Blue
Mandala Bold Print Stamp
[ HA | SSS | ELH | SBC ]
Hero Arts Color Layering ELEPHANT...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Hero Arts Color Layering Frame Cuts...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Tombow Dual Brush Pens and Sets
[ BLIC | SSS | SBC ]
Aqua Painters by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Soft Granite Shadow Ink - Hero Arts
[ HA | SSS | ELH | SBC ]
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
[ HA | SSS | ELH | SBC ]
Versamark Pad (102283)
[ SUP ]
Brutus Monroe ALABASTER Ultra Fine...
[ SSS ]
Strathmore? 300 Series 9" x 12"...
[ ART | JGG ]
Heat Tool (Us And Canada) by Stampin'...
[ SUP ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Sizzix BIG SHOT EXPRESS Gray and...
[ SSS | ART | BMS | SBC ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]

Are you good about sending birthday cards? If so, what's your system? I'd love to know!

I'm off to pick up Kathy Racoosin for her Texas Coloring Challenge on the road! I hope to see some of you there!

Loveyameanitbye.


11 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS CARD! Keeping track of birthdays and anniversaries: I keep a specially made spiral bound notebook. One page per month. Each month has a space with days of the month and lines where I can write in names/events. Each month page also has a pocket to hold the cards I've completed and are ready to mail. I also keep a calendar in my craft room with names/events penned in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, all apologies! I erroneously posted a comment to the wrong space. I'd come over to your blog to LOVE on the heffalumps card and posted about keeping track of birthdays...Thanks for all you do to share and inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! Love the colors and the sentiment with the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love the mandala! Oh - and the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have birthdays on my calendar with a reminder at least one week prior, so I remember to get them mailed in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card. Loving the colors. And the heffalumps. (BTW, I missed the explanation for why they are called heffalumps.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really fantastic card Lydia, love both the elephants and the mandala (no wonder you only made one! LOL)
    As for the card sending, lets keep it real.....I have a great plan, a perpetual calendar and everyone is on it (and updated as babies come...) HOWEVER, I have 7 siblings, all married with children and grandchildren now, my husband has 3 siblings, all married with children and grandchildren and I have enough cards on hand to put Hallmark out of business!!! Lets just say, I SUCK at the sending part of my beloved card making endeavour!!! (So much for making my own cards to save money....BAHAHAHA)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use a wall calendar next to my computer, otherwise I would forget everything. When I was younger I used to laugh at my friend who used post-it notes everywhere, that's me now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an over-the-top, wonderful way to take credit for remembering a birthday. Love this, Lydia! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have so many cards at the ready for nearly every occasion. But...why do I always feel the need to make a “special” card that relates more to the recipient? Anyone else do that? LOL. My goal this year is also to be better about getting them out on time and actually using ones I’ve already made. LOVE your card above and the technique. Thank you for the great inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I love tour card!! I keep a calendar right on my desk and try to look at the beginning of each month for birthdays.
    I was so desperate to join you and Kathy (although, I would have been completely star-struck and made an ass of myself), but it was not ment to be this time. 😔

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...