Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Goodbye, Sweet Bobra

Remember Bobra?


This sweet little stray adopted me many months ago. He would come around and cry for food and want to be patted. He REALLY wanted to come in, but Maddie and Splotchy wouldn't have any of that. Splotchy would attack the window whenever he came around.

I named him Bobra because of his odd resemblance to Barbra Streisand, but I had to boy-ize the name. I was so sad that someone would let this beautiful, sweet little kitty roam the streets and run the risk of getting eaten by a coyote.

Well one day, he did get attacked. He came limping into my yard on three legs, with one of his back feet completely mangled. I thought I could see his bone, and his foot was a mess. I rushed him to the emergency vet, where he spent the night. Many hundreds of dollars later, he was recuperating in my garage. As the weeks went by and he got better, I got sadder and sadder at the prospect of putting him back out with the coyotes. I didn't have much of a choice though - a life in the garage is no fun for a young kitty that just wanted to sit on my lap and I'm sure sleep on my bed. I pleaded with my Facebook and Twitter friends to find him a forever inside home, and had no luck.

And then - a Twitter miracle!! My friend Leslie - of Crookedstamper fame - said "I'll take him!" Leslie had lost her sweet kitty not too long ago and we all grieved with her, as we'd come to love Koshka from her pictures on Twitter and on her blog. But Bobra walked into her heart and the time was right - they were destined to be together!

One tiny obstacle - Leslie lives in Maryland and I live in Austin. Enter another Twitter miracle - P.E.T.S. - a pet transport company! For a great price, our friends at P.E.T.S. will drive our mutually loved furbaby from here to there, stopping every three hours to feed and love on him, and delivering him safely into the hands of my sweet friend.

So today, I am driving to meet them in Houston. I will probably cry a lot when I have to say goodbye to this sweet creature, but I'm so happy to know that someone I love and trust is going to love him and keep him safe for the rest of his life. I can't think of a happier ending.

Today is also the day that my Matchbox Dresser Tutorial is featured on Splitcoast! I love this project. As you will remember, I showed you a sneak peek last year (yes, that's how far ahead we schedule our tutorials) and I've been waiting and waiting to show you how to do it! 
Pin It
The step by step instructions with measurements are above, and here's the video. I hope you enjoy it. This is the perfect project to use up the metric tons of paper we all hoard :)




Wish little Bobra a good trip - I'm going to be a giant worryball until he's safe with Leslie.

Loveyameanitbye.

21 comments:

  1. So glad this story has a happy ending! The title had me worrying! :)
    Beautiful box! I will have to go check it out! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!! You have brought tears to my eyes! A story with a happy ending though! What a beautiful cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, you have such a kind, sweet heart. It was a blessing that Bobra found you. I know it will be hard for him to go. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, my dear Lydia, are what my mother would call A Good Egg. You did good - another rung up on the ladder to Heaven for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was fearing the worst when I read the title too! I am Soooooooo happy that this little chap is ok and is off to a new loving home!

    You are a wonderful lady to do this for him.

    Big Hugs to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was fearing the worst when I read the title too! I am Soooooooo happy that this little chap is ok and is off to a new loving home!

    You are a wonderful lady to do this for him.

    Big Hugs to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a cat's most faithful companion and friend. Bobra must have known you were a good house for cats when he came around. I wish him many happy years of purring and being loved by his new mom.

    (And BTW, he DOES look a lot like Webster! Even down to the little tongue sticking out for pictures!)

    Oh yeah - the dresser project is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you found a forever home for him, he looks so sweet, Love me some kitties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really a cat person (I know, you don't want to hear that) but this guy is so handsome. Those huge eyes. I'm sure you're sad, but you should be thrilled that you found him a new home. (Actually, he should be thrilled...)
    BTW, did you get an extra portion when God was passing out energy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you for all that you gave to Bobra. I hope he will be utterly adored and pampered (spoiled). Gonna give that tutorial a try, soon. Big hugs of thanks, from one kitteh mom to another. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where abouts in Maryland? Maybe I can visit him and give you a first hand report of how well he is adjusting, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *wipes a tear* I will be a wreck until he arrives here Saturday morning, but the transport people seem AWESOME! I cannot wait to meet them on my end.

    Theresa - I'm in Gaithersburg. Once he settles in, do stop by to meet him!

    Oh, and Lydia, a year in advance? You?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my ... I wearily clicked over only to find a sweet story with a happy ending. Yay! That sweet boy looks like the twin to my baby girl, Shelby. Who, at six, isn't really a baby anymore. I hope you'll give us an update on his arrival and new home. xoxo

    p.s. Wowzers on your dresser project. That's one of the more elaborate ones I've seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great story with a wonderful surprise ending!!! I know Bobra and Leslie will be happy together!!! Your dresser is awesome. I had already watched your tutorial and loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful ending to a heart-rending story. Leslie will be the perfect Mom. He is a stunning boy, glad I hopped over to catch this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!

    God Bless you all for this wonderful beginning for Bobra! A timely Thanksgiving happy ending to a great real life story! I hope to see more updates of Bobra in the future. Wishing you a happy Monday!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bobra! What an adorable little boy! I am so glad he came to you for help when he got hurt and I'm very thankful that you took him into your home and heart (and took him to the vet inspite of the costs!).

    As a cat person, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm glad he's now in a good home with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a kindred soul!!!! What a blessing you are to Bobra. I came here when I read up on Leslie's passing today. I never heard of Bobra. I wish I could have known Leslie better. But I feel much better knowing her kitty will go to her neighbor, close by her home. Love to you ♥

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...