Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tragedy Strikes!

Today was extremely eventful! It was pouring (as usual - seriously, when is global warming going to kick in? I would like HOT and DRY for a change) rain this morning, and for some reason, an extremely large grasshopper (whom I promptly named Mr. Ken) somehow jumped up three stories and attached himself firmly to my office window. Over the next few hours I became extremely fond of him - especially because he was so tenacious and strong willed, sticking to my 3rd floor window in a downpour, as though on a cosmic mission. We became close, that's all I'm saying. Thankfully, I took two pictures of him. Thankfully, because... well... right after lunch, while discussing deep and important matters with a coworker, a grackle (a scourge, these birds are!) swooped down and GOBBLED UP MR. KEN - right before our very eyes!!! It was so traumatic! There was yelling (and I can't lie, some giggling from my more callous co-workers who had only a superficial relationship with Mr. Ken) and general amazement from the troops. Some people actually used the term "circle of life", that hideous Disney euphemism for "a grackle ate Mr. Ken". Anyway, he is immortalized forever here.. Farewell, Mr. Ken. We hardly knew ya.

On to more important topics - I am going to post the template for the Love Notes purse holder I posted on Splitcoast today, so feel free to check it out/download it. It's very simple and you can get two per sheet of C/S, which I love.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I was trying to email you with a question about the template but can't find an email link here...is there one I am missing? Thanks!

    Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in doubt, always use a larger crochet hook.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...