Saturday, October 21, 2017

I'm Innocent!

One of the Falliday Fest Challenges was to use leftover pieces from your desk - UFOs, as my friend Leslie used to call them - "unfinished objects" - to make your card.

I had a sweet little memory on my desk from the last night of post-retreat shenanigans in Austin last month. Most people stay an extra day or two in Austin and we do touristy things and then people start leaving on Tuesday, which is very sad.

We'v formed a tradition though of having coloring nights in the lobby of the hotel where everyone stays - they are very fun and relaxing.

So I had watercolored this little creature that last night and just left him on my desk to remind me of my friends and how much fun we had, and I thought he'd be perfect for Barbara's challenge.

Leftover adorableness.

I stamped him on watercolor paper and then watercolored him with Daniel Smith watercolors that night.

To make him into a card, I accented him with my new Irojiten pencils from Tombow. These are really nice pencils, and I especially like the fluorescent range - they make beautiful highlights on top of watercolor.

To get him onto the card, I stamped the image again to get all his little fuzzy bits down, and then I just fussy cut him with out the fuzzy bits, and glued him on top of the image on the card base to be reunited with his fuzzy bits again. The sentiment is also from Paper Artsy - I bought the set for another of the sentiments in it, but this one was perfect for my startled little critter.



Clearly he's innocent, right? I mean who does something bad in a HALF SHIRT for goodness' sake?

I love their quirky images. The world needs more quirky. I'm trying to do my part. Hope you're having a good weekend - I'm crafting with friends this weekend, so check out my Instagram account for those photos.

Loveyameanitbye.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE HIM! Hits my 80's girl straight in the heart sporting that half shirt! Pretty sure he has leg warmers on too, just can't see it due to his "man size" as Mr Kelli calls it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him and all his "innocence" - totally brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...