Monday, October 17, 2016

Stamping For Paws

At my favorite food trailer in Austin, I often see people with their dogs. It's a barbecue trailer, so I always wonder if the dogs are really mad that they end up there, watching people eat the most delicious smoked meats.

The trailer is in the parking lot of a convenience store, and so the line has to wind around so that people don't get run over, and the dogs are always so well behaved. There's a bit of a wait since it's a trailer, so it's fun to see people playing with other people's dogs, or, people like me talking to them like they can talk back.

This guy had a moment with someone else's little dog that was so sweet. I knew immediately he was a person who could be trusted.


I love all stamping causes that benefit animals and the people who rescue them, so I'm super excited about today's Falliday Fest card drive, which benefits an animal shelter in Minnesota. This is also an all year destination, so if you like making critter-themed thank you cards, feel free to keep this one on your list. Today's challenge is hosted by Kathy Baffone.

I had been enabled by Tracy Freeman (in this blog post of hers) into the CUTEST set with little fat animals by Clearly Besotted called Be Lucky - I loved her card with the chubby little unicorn. I colored the little chubster cat, cut her out with the matching dies, and paired it up with some A Little Foxy DSP, and the big bold Thank You from Thankful Thoughts.




I love that minty color with the orange kitty. So adorable.

I hope you'll join us for the challenges and the four card drives we have - it's amazing what a card can do! Even for our furry friends.

Loveyameanitbye.


1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card - love that chubby cat! (I think I've seen it - in real life! LOL) I love the idea of a card drive for a humane/rescue society; can you tell me what they do with the cards - do they give them out to adopters, or sell them, or ?? Thanks for all the good you do, with your crafting, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...