Friday, November 14, 2014

Shine Like Stars In The Universe

So it really wasn't much of a week. I mean, we just landed a little spaceship on a comet and whatnot - no biggie!

My sister and I renamed the little comet Chigger, because the scientific name is stupid. Why do people have to make everything so complicated? Call it something fun and quit being so stuffy and egomaniacal.

Now last night, I woke up in a cold sweat from a terrible nightmare in which I won a trip anywhere in the world. I had to decided right then while the people who told me I won were there. It was awful. I could NOT decide and still hadn't decided when I woke up. I'm clearly not prepared to win a trip anywhere I want to go, so there's a lesson for a Friday!

In more earthly news, the best stamp set ever was released.

 And I bought it.

Behold its wonder.


http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=136720&dbwsdemoid=36196


I LOVE that hand drawn look. After the comet kerfuffle settled down and I was over my free trip nightmare, I couldn't wait to play with this, and this week's Mix-Ability challenge was the perfect opportunity.

I have discovered that the universe is binary. You either shine or you don't. You're grumpy or happy. You're the comet or you're the spaceship. You're in control of the switch.

I say shine. Shine, little Chigger! Shine! :)


Pin It

Speaking of shining, holy MOLY do I have an awesome recipe for you.

You know I'm a soup lover. There may or may not be someone in my house who does not believe soup is food, with few exceptions.

THIS soup was an exception! It's RIDICULOUSLY delicious.

Butternut-Boursin-Bacon Soup

Recipe from: Cathy Pollak for NoblePig.com | Serves: 4-6

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/2 of a large onion, diced
  • 4 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 (3-1/2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
  • 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 2 (5.2 ounce) rounds Boursin Cheese with Garlic and Fine Herbs
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 6 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 1 Tablespoon chopped chives

Directions

  • In a large (7 qt) Dutch oven, melt butter over med-low heat. Add onion and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add butternut squash and thyme leaves, cook for about 8 minutes more. Stir several times. (It is okay if squash begins to brown a little.) Add flour and stir until fully incorporated.
  • Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn down heat, cover and simmer on low for another 10 minutes. Squash should be soft. Using a hand-held blender or regular blender, puree squash mixture until smooth.
  • Add soup back to the pot (if you removed) and add Boursin cheese, salt and both peppers. Stir until cheese is melted.
  • Garnish each bowl with crumbled bacon and chives.

    This soup is seriously a religious experience!! You MUST try it.

    The only things I think I would do differently next time is hold back on the salt by maybe 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon - (the Boursin has plenty of salt in it) and maybe add a teeny bit of ground crushed red pepper for bite.

    But it's seriously perfect the way it is. Unbelievable fall dish. I can't wait for lunch.

    For now, I'm off to ponder where I'd take that trip, so next time it's offered to me, I can shine. :)

    Loveyameanitbye.

6 comments:

  1. I love this card and I love these stamps. I haven't bought SU in forever but it looks like that dry spell may be ending shortly. Oyi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! Love the sentiment and that awesome sunburst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR CARD! LOVE it!! And the soup looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered a lot of Stampin up. I guess I will be back :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...