Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Are You Smarter Than a Jackrabbit?

I was driving home the other day and saw something that never ceases to amaze me.

We are now in the full on throes of summer where it's hotter than the surface of the sun. (Which I love, by the way.) Texans sort of reverse hibernate in the summer. You only see us out in the environment early in the morning, after sundown or in cars or buildings. Only crazy people hang out outside in the afternoon.

So I saw a crazy person.

Not JUST outside when it was 8,000 degrees. Not just JOGGING at 3 in the afternoon when it was 8,000 degrees. But outside, SHIRTLESS and jogging at 3 in the afternoon when it was 8,000 degrees. I could feel his organ failure and the melanoma from inside my car.

Dear people of earth - the closer you are to the equator, the meaner the sun is. And don't exert yourself when it's 8,000 degrees. I highly recommend a trip to the Mojave. You will marvel at the complete lack of living things in the desert. UNTIL THE SUN GOES DOWN.

If you aren't smarter than a lizard or a jackrabbit, I can't really offer you any help. I want to, but I think you're past it. You have damaged your brain with your hot jogging.

So on that note, I decided to take inspiration from the VSN Challenges at Splitcoast. The challenge I used was the campfire challenge.

I colored this in a backyard happy hour session and first masked off my watercolor paper with artist tape. then I watercolored the rest and removed the mask. I love making those little scenes.

The flower is from Bloom With Hope and greeting is from the new Hi There set which I'm stamping all over everything.

Pin It
 I'm packing up the boxes for the retreat - are you coming? There's a lot of crafty goodness about to get shipped to Salt Lake :)

Loveyameanitbye.


9 comments:

  1. Laughing! Yes, I am smarter than a jackrabbit! I do my walking at 7ish am during the summer months! That guy was crazy! Gorgeous card!!! Beautiful masking and watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lydia, LOVE your card and the way you masked off the background. Silly, shirtless person jogging in the heat - WHY? Total Nincompoop!

    {{hugs}} Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, this is the most beautiful little work of art!!!! Ohmygoodnesss!!! Can you tell me what kind of watercolor you used for this (the Koi watercolor set, or ??)? Also did you just paint the orange and yellow in there, or did you use a stamp?? I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... Or did you use your Inktense pencils?!? :-)

    Susan, aka Soozie4him
    Moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your story...here in CA we are going up and down in Spring temps...sure hope we don't have an extra hot Summer - but I totally agree about hibernating in your home or other really cool place...I hate hot weather! Your VERY HOT CARD, on the other had is fabulous and lovely and I will definitely being CASEing it......thanks for sharing your fab talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A former co-worker of mine went for a run at lunchtime (in DC) one summer AND HE DIED! Literally DIED. Poof, gone. So dumb, and such a great loss. You don't "get used" to that stuff. Dumb dumb dumb.

    LOVE your watercolor card, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your card at SCS and it was definitely worth a second look. Just down right pretty.
    Here in Iowa we will sometimes see runners in sub zero (wind chill) temps. My conclusion is that Joggers are not smart people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your water coloring techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card, dying over the 8,000 degree story. I agree, it's why I don't have a convertible.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...