Friday, May 2, 2014

How To Make A Billion Dollars While Staring Into Your Pantry

We all stare into our pantries, right?

You KNOW what the cumin container looks like, and yet it's like it has a cloak of invisibility every time you want it. When you DON'T want it, it's all you can see.

Or, you know you have 38 cans of white shoepeg corn, and yet you have to go buy some for the recipe you're trying because you can't see past the tomato soup cans to the secret corn hiding place. This is why I have a metric ton of pumpkin pie spice. Fact.

I also know for a FACT I have a bag of cayenne from Pendery's that I cannot find for the life of me. Danged shape shifting spices.

Well the other day, I was staring into my pantry for some ingredient which I probably had to go buy a duplicate of because I never found it when I saw something which was a complete revelation.

Col. Mustard! I FOUND COL. MUSTARD IN THE PANTRY!

COLONEL MUSTARD WAS INVENTED BY SOME BORED BRIT LOOKING AT THEIR PANTRY TRYING TO FIND THEIR CUMIN AND ALL THEY COULD SEE WAS THEIR COLEMAN'S ENGLISH MUSTARD POWDER!!

Wait - I'm sure Brits don't eat cumin. Maybe they were looking for treacle or biscuits. But whatever.


This bored Brit then invented a board game that made him/her a billionaire!

GAH why can't I do something like that??

Pretty sure no one is going to buy my "Shoepeg Corn is Blocking my Cumin" game.
 
I'll have to come up with something else for my billion dollars I suppose.


 In the meantime, I've made you all a card for today's Mix-ability challenge on Splitcoast, which is "Things that Fly."

I love things that fly, so it was actually hard to choose what to do. I eventually decided on watercolor and Oriental Brushstrokes - a retired set, along with my fabulous new Work of Art set we got at the Catalog Premiere.

Pin It

I just used reinkers to watercolor the image - starting by spritzing the whole image so that the ink spread out when I added it. Very fun.

On top of the watercolor, I added some shimmer (hard to see here) with green, blue and silver InkaGold and a Q-tip.

You really should come play in the challenge - it's so fun.
While you're waiting for inspiration to strike, please go stare at your pantry and invent something amazing.
Loveyameanitbye.


2 comments:

  1. I can tell you that I also have extra pumpkin pie spce for same reason! :). Great post! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha you may really have some thing there with the col mustard in the pantry...
    this is a beautiful card too!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...