Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Glowing Lights

At almost EXACTLY this time last year, I was reading along in the Splitcoast forums  and found a thread where someone was wanting a blurry Christmas light effect on her card.

As always happens, a genius - in this case Gregzgurl (Sue) - popped along a few posts later and figured out how to do it.

So since sometimes Beate leaves the place unlocked, I snuck in and did the tutorial today on just that - glowing lights. As Sue says, it's really pretty simple - just a dot of white gel pen and my pastels, which I've really been neglecting. They are perfect for this technique.


Pin It
  And it doesn't have to be Christmas lights either - I think it's adorable for little skyscrapers.
That incredibly perfect greeting is from Feel Goods.

Wanna see a video on how to do it? Sure you do - you're off today right? If not, just watch it at work. :).



Loveyameanitbye.

3 comments:

  1. That Sue is so smart! Great technique. *wonders where Pastels are*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a wonderful and easy to do technique! Thanks for showing us how. I do have some unloved pastels and I know where they are! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO cute and so simple! i love hearing you narrate your videos; you should talk Beate into letting you make more of these. :D

    can't wait to see what you come up with for your Christmas card this year. i don't imagine it will include glowing lights, as those would be very labor intensive.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...