Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's The End Of The World As We Know It

So in 1999, we knew what we were in for with the whole Y2K thing.

All the power would go out at once, we'd be plunged into darkness and have to drink out of the toilet. I knew a LOT of people who bought generators and stockpiled Snickers.

But it was a known quantity. No power.

With the Mayan apocalypse bearing down on us, I'm amazed at how poorly defined it is.

Will yetis or zombies come barreling out of the Barton Creek Greenbelt to eat us? Will an asteroid hit us? Will we spontaneously combust?

I think the Mayans must have been very unorganized people to have such a poorly defined apocalyptic prediction. Had crafters been in charge of the apocalypse, we would have organized a themed blog hop, had custom digital downloads for the pinhole sunglasses you'd need when the sun and all the stars exploded, and strategically pre-staged glitter and die cutting machines for those in harm's way.

It's embarrassing, really, to see what a shoddy apocalypse this is. So we just have to carry on and guess.

Since I just organized my glue collection, I'm actually feeling pretty confident that I can face whatever is coming.

In the meantime, I think it's very important that we don't stop recycling. Because if it ends up being a huge fizzle like 1999 we don't want to be surrounded by mounds of trash. And generators. And zombie bullets.

So I have three reanimations for you today.

I went to retail church yesterday - Whole Foods - and I worshiped some Hail Merry Tarts and the precise number of Telicherry peppercorns I needed for my insanely awesome carne guisada - I love the bulk section.

Since I didn't bring a bag, I got paper bags for my holy goods. And man, are they gorgeous - all year. You may remember my last Whole Foods bag project. I loved those saturated greens.

But the holidays are upon us and the bags have kept up. So, in order to procrastinate cleaning and prepping for my classes, I sat down and did a little recycling.

Supplies: Whole Foods paper bag, Poppy Parade Ink, Whisper White Cardstock & Seam Binding

Pin It

Turns out their ink is a dead on match for Poppy Parade Ink, so I used Word Play to finish it off.

BUT - there are even CUTER holiday versions over at Project Reanimate - and all three of these cards were made with a single bag.

Recycling gives you good Mayan karma, I promise. And if it does come to pass, please head to the designated glitter pickup station for supplies. I'll be the one in the cute apron.

Loveyameanitbye.



6 comments:

  1. HECK, YEAH! We need an apocalypse blog hop! With glitter! Will there be snacks? And wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: The retail church gets me LOLing every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently organized the 82 glues on my glue shelf. One quarter of them had changed into other compounds, mostly rock solid. How I used to smirk about having a glue for every job! Seems like nature always takes the smirkers down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahaha!!!! Oh my gosh, Lydia, you really cracked me up today. My husband even came in the room to see what I was laughing so hard about!!! (Of course, he didn't quite get it, and it loses something when you have to explain why having a blog hop and a stockpile of glue is so funny. Non-crafters miss out on so much laughter.) I'm headed over to my Facebook page so I can tell everyone to read this today so they can laugh, too!!!

    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce
    peaceloveandjoyce.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be the one in the custom MDS pinhole sunglasses in Poppy Parade. Glittered, natch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you crack me up!! i can't beleive you organized your glue, what about the paper and the stamps??? :) oh wait you are busy organizing the blog hop!! silly me!!

    glittery smiles!!

    jennik

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...