Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to This Post

Some days are just more "Lucy" than others.

August has been a crazy month and getting crazier.

I had two challenges I wanted to do for today - the Touch Twin challenge and the Splitcoast Sketch challenge.

So why not combine them, right? Smart, efficient. I got all smirky about that.

The sketch is adorable,




and the Touch Twin challenge was a shadowing technique.

So I came up with this CUTE idea with Animal Talk where I was going to have my dog's shadow go through the greeting and make a super bright and happy card, since it was the first time I'd ever inked this little dude.

I got done and I really liked it!
Pin It

Stamps: Animal Talk
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade, Birds of a Feather
Accessories: ShinHan Touch Twin Markers: BR103, YR133, BR92, BG179, B65, dimensionals, Square Punch

So I go to upload it and I see....

The Touch Twin challenge is actually FOOD and shadowing.

Oops.

This card wouldn't really send the right message there, eh?

I did laugh for quite a while, and then I made another card, which you can see here. :)

Come play along with us in both - but if you do, it's a great idea to read the instructions FIRST.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card! You make me laugh! I did the very same thing with a DTGD challenge!! I was so proud of myself for combining that challenge with one for my blog and thankfully BEFORE I posted it I realized I only had PART of it right! Nice to hear other crafters also do things like this! Super cute dog! I now have to go check out the "shadowing technique"!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...