Wednesday, June 8, 2011

This Post is NOT About a Congressman in (or out of) his Underpants!

Surely that's a relief to all of you!!

It's actually about some more sneak peeks - again, not of anyone in their undies. Perhaps our elected representatives should take up stamping, so that they have an awareness of what is appropriate to share on the internet!!

Like, for example, patriotic cards! I saw the Patriotic Linky Party on Craft Test Dummies and I just had to bust out the pennants for some red, white and blue fun.

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Pennant Parade (upcoming) Paper: Just add Cake (upcoming) 
Ink: Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Pacific Point Blue, Whisper White
Accessories: Petite Pennants Builder Punch (upcoming), Stars #2 die, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Cherry Cobbler Twine, 1/16" Circle Punch, Corner Rounder, bling, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

Now I did have some unclean thoughts (not related to a Congressman) while I was blinging my stars, but I really like them so I soldiered on. To me, they look like cupcakes with those silver sprinkles.
Mmm... sprinkles.

I stamped the first "celebrate" in black, and then stamped it in red and blue, stamping off twice moving away from the center. I love that font. I stamped the pennants in white craft ink before punching them out.

When I went outside to photog my card, the sprinklers had just finished costing me $200 and my rosebush looked beautiful!



How's that for a beautiful start to a Wednesday?



Hope it's all coming up roses for you this week!

Oh PS - I'm teaching a bleach techniques class at Scrapology tomorrow evening - contact them if you'd like to join us!

4 comments:

  1. "Blinging" - (v.) - another new word from the folks who gave you "stabby". Very nice roses.
    wv ciesse - "Aunt Louise can't find her ciesse today, so she won't bite you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Makes me wanna make a bunting on something. LOVE the silver balls on the stars (and your unclean thoughts about 'em -- they look like the labour involved would make anyone want to run around the streets in their underwear or just attack a few innocents cupcakes) ;) Your rosebush is so breathtakingly lovely. I bet it smells incredible. Congrats on the new sprinkler system. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!!! And I'm SO tired of hearing weiner on the news...I think you should make a "weiner" card though, LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card, and yep...gotta love a guy named Weiner who got caught with his....well, it was as if it was predestined to happen....and the jokes/hits just keep on getting better and worse at the same time (shakes head).

    THANKYOU for the mail- I got it and it's all in tact and totally fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...