Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bargello!

In another life, I did squillions of hours of needlepoint. I loved each one of those hours - needlepoint is so perfect and clean and relaxing. I'm not sure when I switched over to papercrafting but I if I had time for two hobbies, I'd definitely pick that one up again. I still have many an unframed piece I really need to dig out.

Today's tutorial at Splitcoast is one that's borrowed from needlepoint - it's the Bargello technique. It's really fun and easy and has that geometric precision all us needlecrafters love!

I decided to do my Bargello with black, white and blue. I used a combo of Prints Pack and Halloween DSP to make my strips, and after I had them put together, I cut the background with my Top Note die. The stamp set is Sip By Sip (retired) - I love that clean, retro, graphic look of that coffee pot. Looks like something June Cleaver would have. I'd love some turquoise blue coffee too. :)

Go check out her tutorial and make something sassy!

4 comments:

  1. love that card!!! i'll definitely check the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute take on the bargello technique! Love the colour theme and how this is "framed"! Those turquoise coffee rings are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I remember hearing about Bargello years ago and never did get around to trying it. Well, that's gonna change...cuz I do love measuring and straight edges! Lol
    So sad that the coffee pot is retired. €(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww,gorgeous card! Love the technique, too!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...