Friday, May 7, 2010

Yeah, I Was Saving it for Mother's Day!

Well.... Maybe not.

See, I got this beautiful set - Elements of Style - at Leadership this year. In case you were wondering, Leadership is in JANUARY. I had all these great intentions of going home and making things with it right away because it's sooo beautiful, but did I? Or did someone change the definition of "right away" to "five months later"? Because if someone did, I'm very timely!

Anyway, today's Free For all Friday challenge on Splitcoast is to get out your gel pens. Purrrfect since I basically sleep with my white gel pen under my pillow, I love it so much.
So I whipped up this little ditty!
I stamped the floral image onto some paper I just got yesterday - it's DCWV At Home - and it's all these cool glittery blue patterns. I was at Michael's for paint, but then this paper jumped out in front of me and yelled I'M 60% OFF AND I'M BLUE and I temporarily forgot my mission and just got it. I cut it with my Top Note die and then colored the image with my white gel pen.

The card base is Not Quite Navy, embossed, and the ribbon is Basic Grey satin.

I used Nestabilities for the oval, and I used the greeting from the set, but I colored the center part with my marker and stamped just the sentiment.
After I got done I thought my mom would love this card - so it will be arriving in a mailbox near her soon!

So Happy Mother's Day to my mom, and to all the moms who read my blog! If you have any great Mother's Day stories to share, feel free!



Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)
Want to see my other blog?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, girl, you have outdone yourself with this one! It is even prettier than I imagined when you were describing it. Very, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO BEAUTIFUL! I am wow'd and must try to recreate! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, this card just sings! It's so beautiful. I could pretend to be your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently discoverd your blog and really enjoy not only your talent but your sense of humor. This card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...