I actually just started with the catalog. It's beautiful. It's printed on a new, silky matte paper that is very different from the glossy pages of catalogs past. It's more like an expensive magazine or book - it's really nice.
But I won't torture you - here are some highlights. (Look away if you don't want to know)
- Cat and dog sets that are the first I've really liked - very clean silhouettes. Adorable.
- A pet sympathy set.
- Great patriotic sets.
- Beautiful floral, asian and nature sets.
- AWESOME Halloween sets - the cutest skeleton ever as well as some spooky crows!
- Customized address stamps that are amazing improvements over the old ones, as well as Princess and Pirate custom name stamps. So I could get one that says "Princess Lydia". How fitting :)
- A very fun cake/cupcake set that is so cool with a little cake stand.
- Adorable little quail or partridges with babies.
- MONSTERS! FINALLY!
- Awesome country/farm sets.
- Amazing new sizzix dies and embossing folders!
- Coated, food safe treat boxes in chocolate chip - beautiful
- Printed DSP file folders!!
- The new under $10 sets are some of my faves.
I've left a few secrets unrevealed... But it wouldn't be a sneak peek without eye candy!
So here's what I did with my pre-ordered goodies. More to come in the next few days. It's very hard not to post it all at once!!
I doubled, well, tripled up here because I couldn't resist. The pheasant is from the new Autumn Days set, which is gorgeous. The greeting is from a big greeting set called Teeny Tiny Wishes, and the pattern on the bottom is from a set called Circle Circus which is a STUNNING modern set with patterned circles. Home run!To start, I took some of the new Razzleberry Lemonade DSP - this warm orange piece really looks like Basic Grey style paper to me - it's beautiful. I stamped one of the circles from Circle Circus in the new In Color called Dusty Durango. This color is like Tangerine Tango and Riding Hood Red had a cool, hip baby. Warm and lovely. That is also the color of the new polka dot ribbon I used.
The card base is Sahara Sand, and I stamped the wheat from the Autumn Days set in Sahara Sand on that. Then I stamped the little pheasant from the same set in Dusty Durango, and did a few things to embellish it. First, I shaded it with my Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa markers. They were the perfect shades to blend with the Dusty Durango.
Then, I highlighted the design with my white gel pen - all the white you see is just tracing over the original designs in the stamp - I didn't add anything. For his eye, I used one of my Costco gel pens which was a light peach.
Then I stamped the Happy Father's Day in black.
So what do you think?? You ready to see more?
Hope you have a great day.
Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)
Want to see my other blog?