Sunday, December 28, 2008

For the Love of.... (?)

I saw this today:

Then I will reflect upon myself, and consider, according to all reason and justice, what I
ought to offer the Divine Majesty, that is, all I possess and myself with it. Thus, as one
would do who is moved by great feeling, I will make this offering of myself.


And it made me think. And then it made me think of this:

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a
single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".


The second one is from my beloved Erma Bombeck. If you have not read any of her books, you need to run right out and buy them all. You will laugh until you cry. She did use everything he gave her.

When you gave me your Christmas wishes, they were very much about love. Love of your art (more space to create it in) and love of all creatures, great and small. Creative people just LOVE things, living and inanimate. Owls, yarn, paint, paper, felted sushi, beads, buttons - I could go on all day.

Make an offering of yourself every day - don't get too busy. It's almost a new year, and you can fill 2009 with your divine given talent and make a lot of people smile.

So, in hopes of a smile, I offer you today, a beLOVEd fuzzy bird.

I used regular old craft felt (50% off at Hobby Lobby right now, btw) and my Sizzix Birds & Blossoms die - (the one I used on my Christmas card) to create my fuzzy black bird with a fuzzy pink wing.

Then, I stuck his fuzzy little butt onto an 4" square notecard I made out of our white textured cardstock.

I embossed the word "LOVE" and the bracket with my Empressor tool and the Punches Plus and Floral Frenzy Classy Brass templates.

I added a strip of a pink paint chip for a little more color, and a teeny rhinestone for his eye.

You know who loves my fuzzy bird? Two of God's most beloved creatures - teeny white wabbits. I got these heart squeezing little bunnies from Creative Thursday's Etsy Shop - have you seen her work? Her little paintings just steal me, and when you see this picture (click to see) I'm pretty sure you'll know why I had to have these little critters.

Hope you LOVE em as much as I do.

My secret blog project should launch in the next few days, so stay tuned.

Have a great Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. what a cute card. those bunnies are so sweet.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Erma Bombeck, plus her statement. Love the bird (you are making me want that die, and it dies NOT met the 50% rule!) Your 'fuzzy little butt' comment made me laugh out loud! Ooooh, and a Secret Blog Project! I do look forward to that!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...