Wednesday, December 31, 2008

THE BIG REVEAL!!!

Well here you are!! It must be 2009!!

Thanks for stopping by - here are the secrets I've kept from you!!

My new blog launches today, on Day One of 2009!


It's called Project Reanimate and is something I've wanted to do for a long time. It begins with the fact that I've never liked the buzzwords for recycling. I don't even like recycling - it makes it sound like my water bottle was inevitably going to become a grocery bag, and that is not quite true. I don't like "green" for everything everyone does either. First of all, if I were naming it, it would be blue. But green doesn't really make sense if you're taking old tires and turning them into asphalt. Because if there's anything that's not green - it's asphalt!!! Finally, I don't like recycling things just to celebrate the process of recycling. I mean - I don't want a coat rack made out of toilet brushes - you know what I mean?

So when I made my bunny trees, and my cards with that old Red Clark on the Border book, I really tried to think about what I was actually doing. Each time I "recycled" something, I gave a little nod to what it had been in its former life. So on the bunny tree, I told you that it amused me because the magazines had started as trees, and then were magazines, and then I turned them back into trees! It tickled me, and it served a functional and fun purpose in my art. Same with the Christmas card made from the cover of my book of Christmas stamps.

I wanted to re-animate the thing they were at their core and be very playful, and still have pretty or cute or fun things that appealed to my peers. So I hope you'll join me.

Click here for the first project. I think you'll recognize me in there somewhere. ;)

SECOND - I got promoted!!! I'm so excited about this I can hardly stand it!! I have moved onto the real, grown up, serious Design Team at Starving Artistamps from my guest designer status!! You guys know how much I have loved working with the Doodle Factory images, the gorgeous natural images Tracey has created, and my beloved aboriginal creatures from Red Castle. I will get the opportunity to use many more of this great company's artwork soon, and be a part of a crazy talented team with people that just awe me. I'm very very grateful to start the year with this good news!

And, I've been sitting on this for a while until I completed some things I needed to get done - I WON SOMETHING VERY FABULOUS!!

I won a spot in the Indie Craft Showcase at the CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) show in Anaheim later this month!!!!!!!!!

And what is so cool about how a plan comes together, is that I won it with a Project Reanimate card! A bunny tree.

And if there's anything in the world I love with all my heart, it's a bunny under a tree! So thank you, universe, for rewarding that love!

I'll keep the exact card under wraps until it shows up on the Project Reanimate blog, but I will be at CHA, and so please tune in for updates from the show floor and the Indie Craft showcase!

Thank you for sharing my excitement over these small and wonderful things!

Happy New Year!!

14 comments:

  1. Great news!!!! You GO girl!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news all the way around! Love the new blog...can't wait to see what comes up next over there.

    I will personally loan you my 8 GB SD card for CHA...you best be shooting some photos!

    Kudos, kudos for a job well loved and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, I am so proud of you my friend. The news is just awesome. You have a little surprise coming in the mail and I will just keep you in suspense ( like you do to us all the time) ( wink) What a great start to 2009!! Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on EVERYthing! What a fun way to start the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm betting that bunnies under trees love you back

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! That is awesome news.

    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Lydia! Love your new blog, and congrats on your promotion and have a BLAST at CHA.

    Love ya,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. holy crapaloney, that is all fantastic news, congrats!!!!! I tried to leave a comment on your new blog but it wouldn't let me :( i can't wait to use your idea and make my own pswd book. I grew up on Nancy Drew, do you think her and Ned ever ...........got married *ahem*?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you what a start to the New Year!!! I see only GREAT things for you in the future

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to start the new year! Congratulations on all of your exciting news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on all your big news, and I am so excited for you and excited for your readers, because we reap the seeds from all your creativity. I have already been to the new blog, and subscribed, and I love the password book, because I can never remember a password, then by the time I have it emailed to me, yet again and reset it, yet again, I don't even want to go to that site anymore, lol.

    thanks for sharing, and I love your sense of humor and your kitties.

    carolyn s

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!! Way to go, girl! Congrats on all the fun news! Happy 2009! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooo...what a way to start your year off! Congrats! The project on your new blog is very cool...but I was not able to leave a comment there for some reason...so came back here LOL
    Congrats on everything...way to start out a new year !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on all of your fabulous new, Lydia!! You are so deserving, girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...