1) My DSL is out. They say it's my modem. I say watch the news for a crazed woman going down to AT&T and gluing all the doors shut so that they have to stay there until they've learned their lesson!! I am CERTAIN they are lying. We will see.
2) My Wine Styles eScape event with Kim Williams is this weekend! Want to have a mimosa, some fabulous food and have a relaxing stamping event with NO computers or cell phones within miles? Email me for details!
3) I'm teaching a class at summer girls camp on Friday at Marmalade Skies with that treat container - Pictures to come!
4) I finally got to stamp yesterday, but of course had no internet, so I'm posting from Starbucks.
5) Speaking of Starbucks - I finally had the new Frappucino yesterday! Austin is a test market for a "fresh" Frappucino - just milk, ice, coffee and syrup - totally customizable! You know how I feel about fake food, so even though I've never had a Frappucino I decided to give the fresh ones a try yesterday and holy cow!! FABULOUS. I just had a tall coffee frappucino with whole milk and it was amazing. Just lightly sweet, which I love, and the most incredible taste!! You can tell them more or less sweet now - I just let them make it how it comes and it was perfect!! My only feedback is going to be that they need to really make sure all the ice is ground up - I got big ice balls in the bottom of mine which made it a tad hard to drink. But overall A+ - I hope they roll them out to a Starbucks near you soon!!!
Okay - on to stamping - FIRST - FREE DOODLE FACTORY STAMPS FROM STARVING ARTISTAMPS She is giving away the new Tropics set (OMG) and two greeting sets - read the post and see how to win! I'm anxiously awaiting my greetings so I can show you my Tropics Creations with Moki - that artist is absolutely brilliant!
Speaking of Starving Artistamps, I used a Zindorf layout for this sweet little Doodle Factory Thank You. this is SUCH a sweet image - doesn't Rupert almost break your heart with that expression???? Now, I have to work 10 times as hard as Michelle does to create her layouts I'm sure, because she has this gift for visualization that I don't have. But here's what I did. First I drew an upside down "T" on my card with a pencil to demarcate the "corner" that Rupert is standing in. Then I stamped and colored him with Copics. His colors aren't quite as blue as what I wanted but this is a layout I will definitely do again. Then I colored him with a versamarker and embossed him. Then I lightly brayered More Mustard over the top half of the card. I put post its horizontally across it and sponged Really Rust and Close to Cocoa and Pumpkin Pie across the bottom, then put the post it notes vertically and sponged More Mustard on the left "wall". I stamped Rupert again in More Mustard and colored the image in with my MM marker.
Next - I love the Unique Sentiments - this one screamed out for Mimo!!! The sentiment is actually in an outlined font, but I filled it in for this dark cardstock. The card base is Elegant Eggplant, with Basic Grey patterned paper, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, a little arc of dots over Mimo with my Spica glitter pen, and some rhinestone brads. You can't see the glitter too well, but it's super cute in real life - "don't worry".. tee hee.
Hope you're having a great Wednesday - we are having some kids in our office this week for a stock trading camp and it's a BLAST.