Saturday, June 7, 2008

SASSMONSTER WINS the Belmont Stakes!



Club was extra fun today. Two new people joined - a sweet friend of Yvonne's and my friend Emily from down the street! So that is very exciting. We're going to have a big event at WineStyles to celebrate Stampin' Up!'s Escape promotion on June 28th - if you'd like to join us for mimosa's, stamping, and absolutely no cell phones, computers or other electronic devices, stay tuned!!

So here are the club projects. The first one is a card that reminds me of sorbet colors - very ice cream-y and pretty. The card base is Cool Caribbean, and it's layered with the Groovy Guava designer paper from the Ginger Blossom Assortment, and then the flower "windows" are on Whisper White. The flowers are stamped in Cool Caribbean and then colored with the blender pen and Groovy Guava Ink. The bird is stamped in Cool Caribbean and carefully cut out and popped up with dimensionals. The ribbon is the double stitched Groovy Guava ribbon. I love that stuff. The greeting and the flowers are from Embrace Life, and the world's most beautiful bird is from Always.
This is not a typical color combo for me but I kinda liked it.
The second card is the patriotic card inspired by a layout in this most recent Cards magazine. They really had some cute patriotic stuff this year. All the designer paper is from the Prints series - Brilliant Blue and Real Red. Then the Independence Day set for the greeting, a rhinestone brad and some stars made with both star punches out of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Cute, simple and quick. Try other combos for the Fourth - Bashful Blue and Rose Red, Ballet Blue and Really Rust - think outside the patriotic box - you just have to evoke the flag, like the dots and stripes do on this card - you don't have to recreate it. I love the Fourth of July and all the bright and happy designs that go with it.
Next, we have my SASSMONSTER!!! Okay, so Sassmonster isn't really gonna win the Belmont Stakes (which I'm anxiously awaiting right now) but if my sassy blue and black card decided to compete, well... I'm just sayin'!!!
This card features Boho Backgrounds, which I used for the little tabs on the sides of the card and also for the main image. The colors are Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black. You can't see it all that well here, but the part that opens is actually the black part - it's 8" x 4", folded vertically and corner rounded. Then there are Crop-a-Dile divots embossed on the right and underneath the black card. I stamped "thanks" from Much Appreciated in Basic Black and finished it all off with the scallop punch, the Turquoise Brad and some Turquoise grosgrain ribbon. I THINK IT IS MONSTROUSLY SASSY IS ALL I'M SAYING!


Last but not least, my swap. This is a very simple card with the Fresh Cuts Notes and Fresh Cuts stamp set which I cannot get enough of. I stamped the main image in black in the center of the card. Then I stamped it again in Craft White on a 3x3 square of Basic Black and adhered it to the back of the front of the card. (sounds odd but you know what I mean). That way you can still write on the white bottom part of the card. Then I stamped the little branch image on the flap of the matching envelope. Just love this card. I think I'll try it in a few other colors too but boy is it crisp in good old black and white!
If you haven't seen this set yet (It's a sneak peek from the new catalog), take a look at the samples with it on Splitcoast - wowza. I'd post the link here but either my connection or the SCS site has been pretty hinky today.
Hope you're having a great Saturday - STAMP SOMETHING!! :) I'm off to find some challenges to work on...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...