Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jelly Quest

So today I wanted some toast & jelly. My favorite jelly is this sour cherry jam from Central Market that I'm pretty sure contains crack or some equally addictive substance. It's impossible to resist. They should really put a warning on it. Jenn knows what I mean! I got her addicted to it too. I guess that makes me a dealer. I'm a shady jam dealer. Now you know my secret. Anyway, I just wanted some. So I make a bagel, get the butter all soft and start the crack/jam search. No cherry jam. GRR. WTH? So I find some plum jelly. Alrighty, better than nothing. I open it, and it has turned into something that smells like wine - EEK. It was brand new, unopened. Sad, and smelling my toasty bagel, I look for my favorite spun honey as a compromise. I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE. Who is doing the shopping around here? Oh. I think I do it. Darn. So I'm still completely chapped from having a plain buttery bagel. I try to console myself with the fact that I got to rabbit-sit this weekend. This sweet little black wabbit has stolen my heart! I got him some toys today. He took the rattly carrot and immediately flung it backwards over his head extremely exuberantly several times. Apparently that is a big fat bunny thank you! I have convinced myself that he was sad when I left because he stood up at the door of his cage until I was all the way out the door. :( I miss him already. This isn't the most flattering angle for him now that I look at it. He looks a little more, uh, bottom heavy in this photo than he would probably like to look... :)

So on to stamping and the January 20th card. Here is an idea I got after blog hopping a bit last night. I wish I could remember where I saw it so I could give this brilliant woman credit, but I don't. If you know, please leave it in a comment. She used rub-ons on top of the build a brads! Smart! I didn't put cardstock underneath - she did - and it's very sassy either way. I watercolored and cut out the flowers. The DSP is from the little 6x6 pads Stampin' Up! sold us a while back. I just folded it back to reveal the other side. The card base is Close to Cocoa and the flowers are watercolored with close to cocoa and cameo coral and popped up with dimensionals.




You would be surprised how easy it is to get the rub-on on this curved, soft surface. Really easy to do! You will love it I promise!
Try it and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. i feel your toasted bagel pain! to strike out 3 times is just dreadful.

    i'm still being stingy with my rub-ons. need to break into them more...like how they look on the brads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I saw the rub-on applied to a build-a-brad on JanTInk's blog. Looks very nice. I'm going to have to try it also.

    What is this cherry jam you speak of?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...