Monday, January 7, 2008

January 6th and answers to your ???'s

First of all, I'd like to say thank you for all the comments! I love hearing from you. To Misti, BRAVO ON THE FRITO PIE - God's gift to all of us who make chili!!! :) And to Jenn, I made 3.5 pounds of chili on Friday night for some dear friends who came to visit us from Houston and are huge fans of the Fiedler chili. Well then my sweet friend Lulu heard there was chili and that she didn't get any, so I made chili Saturday to give a batch to her and have a batch for dinner & republican debates last night with my sis. I've kind of eaten too much lately!! So much for the "little behind" tee hee.... Hats off to my friend "Y" who suggested that stamps + (insert your favorite adult beverage) = either a brilliant creative effort or extreme fun trying!!
Can we all ponder the McDonald's "barista" concept for a bit tonight? I have opinions, as you can imagine, knowing what you know about me and my relationship with Starbucks. Love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

But enough of my rambling. Here's the card for January 6th. I used the embrace life set, stamped the background on Shimmery White with Basic Grey. Then I used the celery wide grosgrain ribbon and cut out a watercolored image on shimmery white (Real Red + blender pen). Now for the "happy" I did something fun. I stamped the image from the retired set Quick Thinking, and just played with my punches until I found that the 3/4 punch perfectly framed the word "happy" in the "I'm happy for you" image. Use this idea on some other greetings and see if you can't isolate some fun things.
For those of you who emailed me - your cards are in the mail! :) Really - they are! :)
PS - stickles all over the whole card - photo doesn't do it justice!

1 comment:

  1. Fiedler chili is famous? is it a protected, secret recipe? what makes it wonderful? sorry...more questions!

    McDonald's going after Starbucks by installing machines to make drinks and having "baristas" "prepare" them, and calling them "premium" items. It all makes me laugh...who wants to ask someone to meet them at the McCafe for a coffee?

    The card is great! Love the stickles...one more question: are they easier to apply than SU's Dazzling Diamonds glitter is?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...