Saturday, November 3, 2007

Life is short, Have a Peppermint Patty

Hello again. I had my club and my Christmas club today, and it was so cool to see my friend Yvonne again. She went to Italy recently and her description really makes me want to cash in the old 401K and just ... leave. *sigh* But since I'm still here, I'll show you what fun we had today. First of all, gold star to my friend Jenn, who pointed me to a link that showed me how to make this beautiful star out of - are you ready for this? The large and small tag punches!!! The link for the instructions is here. Then we moved on to another non-traditional color combo for Christmas - an almost purely monochromatic brown card. I created a mask with some kraft cardstock, then sponged Close to Cocoa inside the mask. With mask still in place, I stamped the Lovely as a Tree and greeting images inside the windows and removed the mask. With a ruler and a chocolate chip marker, I outlined the blocks which just cleaned it up. I CASED this from an SCS card - I'll try to add the link later.

Then, onto a copy of my Halloween treat box but with a Christmas theme. This is with the DSP, the tree from Merry & Bright, some Stickles, my beloved Pearson Peppermint Patties. We chatted about how life is short and how you just never know what's going to happen today, so my recommendation is that you go ahead and have a peppermint patty if you want one. Or a Snickers, or whatever is leftover from Halloween. I'm pretty sure God knows how happy chocolate makes us, and I think he likes it! =)




Which reminds me that one of the things that makes people happy is fall. Man, does everyone perk up when Nature takes the edge off and backs us down to about 60 degrees. For everyone north of Austin, I realize this doesn't really qualify as fall for most of the country, but for us, if it's not hotter than a pregnant mouse in a wool sock IT MUST BE FALL!! I miss the leaves changing, and although it means a temporary shift from my seasonless blue, I do love fall leaves. So the next project was an easy reverse masking project. Colored with sponge daubers and a CASE from an SCS card.. Pretty, I think.



Back to the non-traditional, I threw in two more wacky Christmas themed cards. One in pink -last year I SWORE I was going to do an all pink Christmas card, but didn't do it. Just love the idea of it. And I think these trees are super cute in pink. The colors here are Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Real Red. This is a poor case - the original has a scalloped square around the trees, and I didn't do that. But you can get an idea of how cute the original is.



The last one was my Peas on Earth that I've wanted to do for a while. I just love this stamp set - the bunny and the peas especially, so this one made me smile...











Now it's time for me to go have a big bone in filet at Flemings - yummy. I will talk to you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Wow....all of these are totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu have done a great job of the masking on both your tree and leaves projects! I love the colors of fall too!!
    Donelda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the pink Xmas tree card (the rest aren't bad either LOL!!)

    I have an order this year for 30 Xmas cards (!!) and she wants them modern, so trying out pink on mine too ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...