Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Projects

More than a few thank you's to send, as you can see... Here is one. This is based on a card by Kay Kalthoff I found I think on her blog, because I don't see it on SCS. Anyway, she did a beautiful sympathy card in yellow and gray that is loosely recreated in this design. Hers was very elegant, mine leans more toward cute. These are just simple notecards - I made them from Charbonne DSP, to fit the 3X3 (yes, I love them - someday I will move on) envelopes. The hole in the front is1 3/8, then I punched a 1 1/4" hole in basic grey, and punched the scallop around it. I then lightly traced the hole onto a sheet of us vanilla on the inside, and used the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the little flower from Seeing Spots on the inside. Then I erased my line, and voila, cute easy notes from half a sheet of DSP (4 notes). The dimensions are 5.5 x 3 for the DSP, 2.25 x 2.75 for the vanilla, and scraps for the basic grey. Who doesn't love this beautiful grey? Who knew I could love a color like grey... Didn't think I had it in me. But this I love. Hope u do 2.

My computer man brought me a new hard drive - the old one was a total loss. I haven't had the heart yet to see if I backed up Itunes recently. Pray! However, most of my pictures, etc were there, and I reinstalled Photoshop without a hitch, so maybe the message here is a minimilist new hard drive, less junk in my files and learning to back up early & often! I also decided I didn't need to pay for Quicken, and will start keeping my checkbook in Excel. The new me. Talk to you tomorrow. Gonna go blog hopping and have some labor day ribs!!

2 comments:

  1. truly beautiful! I too love the charbon. I have made a card using it w/grey on saffron also!
    enjoy the ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute little cards! i hope the ribs were good--dry rub or sauced?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...